Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McNair Scholars Program

Default McNair Scholars Program

Has anyone on Bisonville been a McNair scholar?

I am looking for details from someone who was a participant.

A PM would be appropriate.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Default Re: McNair Scholars Program

I take it BV has none.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One of my friends was a McNair Scholar like 3 years ago. The way I understand it is its for black students that are interested in science. I think he did bio chem research as a McNair scholar.

It's for students from underrepresented backgrounds: minorities, low-income, and first generation students.

I got a lot of mailers from NDSU about it when I was an undergrad which made no sense because I wasn't a member of any of those groups.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Yeah, thats not the information I was looking for, as some of the posted info is wrong.

I am looking for things like what are the stipends, what are the endgame benefits, how do they help (create) your research interest, how much time is invested into it per semester.

I can read a website...The website doesn't go into detail in any of these area's(tony's post answers partially the stipend question). I would either be entering it as History research or Archaeology research.

Since you posted you have a friend who was one, perhaps he could go into detail in a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    One of my friends was a McNair Scholar like 3 years ago. The way I understand it is its for black students that are interested in science. I think he did bio chem research as a McNair scholar.
    http://mcnairscholars.com/about/

It looks like implementation varies from school to school. Here's what I found for NDSU:

http://www.ndsu.edu/trio/mcnair_scho...dent_services/

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    http://mcnairscholars.com/about/

It looks like implementation varies from school to school. Here's what I found for NDSU:

http://www.ndsu.edu/trio/mcnair_scho...dent_services/
    That answers enough of it, I got into contact with the rep from NDSU. So I don't need second hand bisonville info anymore

Thanks though tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    That answers enough of it, I got into contact with the rep from NDSU. So I don't need second hand bisonville info anymore

Thanks though tony.
    So does this mean that somebody I'll be changing your username to Doctor26?

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    I can read a website...The website doesn't go into detail in any of these area's(tony's post answers partially the stipend question). I would either be entering it as History research or Archaeology research.
    The dog's name was Indiana.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    The dog's name was Indiana.
    Weird, that's a friend's dog's name lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.