Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Gdt: Iupui

Default Re: Gdt: Iupui

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Not sure why? I don't think ORU is any harder to beat than SDSU if that's what you mean.
    Who would you rather play in the 1st round?? Southern Utah or Western Illinois??
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Who would you rather play in the 1st round?? Southern Utah or Western Illinois??
    Not much difference between the two...if the Bison come to play they will win if they don't they will lose so it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    we better pray oakland loses to USD on sat. also, for a bison win

Not wasting my prayers on this team.

Tonight was not fun.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Braun getting two fouls early was a killer, need him on the court. Really tired of the team coming out of the gate with no sense of urgency to start every single game. Like always this team goes as LA goes(especially true when Braun is on the bench), he was in a funk the first half, played better in the second but we dug too deep of a hole vs a good team.

I did like to see that Saul pull LA aside after the first half and talk to him.

The loss hurt, that said I don't think getting third or fourth is really that huge of deal, either team we would have to play in semifinals is tough. ORU is the better team but playing SDSU would basically be a road game. That said we need to win our first round match up first.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Not wasting my prayers on this team.

Tonight was not fun.
    And on that you and I will agree......

This team has me confused. I have been harping on the poor defensive scheme and lack of screening on offense all year..but they have so much talent. Now, they have a good defensive scheme game...and almost ran an offense after the first pass. But after LA, Braun and Marshall are we all that talented (although going left is not an option). We have a guy that can only shoot, a guy that can only jump, a guy that can only dribble, a guy that can take up space, a guy that can play defense...and those are the good ones.

I don't know..no answers here.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by *Bisonrube View Post
    This team has me confused. I have been harping on the poor defensive scheme and lack of screening on offense all year..but they have so much talent. Now, they have a good defensive scheme game...and almost ran an offense after the first pass. But after LA, Braun and Marshall are we all that talented (although going left is not an option). We have a guy that can only shoot, a guy that can only jump, a guy that can only dribble, a guy that can take up space, a guy that can play defense...and those are the good ones.

I don't know..no answers here.
    We don't really have a guy that can just flat out score night in and night out. That's the difference I see. Look at Alex Young and the other top scorers in the conference. They can score from anywhere and anytime they want to. We don't have that luxury. Sure Braun can do that sometimes but the consistency is not even close. Once we find that stud scorer, we will be subject to offensive lulls more than we would like/expect. I'm hoping Braun can step into that role for next season, cuz it's not coming in the freshman class next year.

Not sure why? I don't think ORU is any harder to beat than SDSU if that's what you mean.
    because id rather play wiu/suu than oakland in the first round. would also prefer sdsu over oru in the semis

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    because id rather not play oakland in the first round. would also prefer sdsu over oru in the semis
    If we beat WIU we will not play Oakland in round one. Plus SUU would have to beat ORU, I don't see that happening.

Not much difference between the two...if the Bison come to play they will win if they don't they will lose so it doesn't really matter.
    but it does matter
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 02-24-2012 at 08:06 AM.