Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatal accident

Default Re: Fatal accident

What a terrible thing to happen to anyone. The Startribune reports they were all suite mates with a 5th student not in the car.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    It says 6 die in 'area crashes' with one more being near Valley City and another on a county road near Alexandria as well. The passengers from the other 2 cars involved in the interstate crash were not killed.
    Ah ok. Still 6 people dieing to shoddy road conditions is terrible.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

What a horrible story to read right off the bat this morning.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all the families.
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I remember talk like this in 2007. What if we run the table? What if we get a bowl invite? What if they vote us #1 even though we can't play in the playoffs? We ended that season with a loss to SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Ah ok. Still 6 people dieing to shoddy road conditions is terrible.
    The ride of modern vehicles gives a false sense of control. The crap I grew up driving had no air bags or real safety equipment but you didn't drive as fast in bad conditions because you felt how little control you had.

Thoughts go out ot all the vicitms and their families. Tragedies like this happen so fast and the finality is crushing.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    i wonder if the driver was using her cruise? i guess we will find out about the details soon.
    I would assume yes. I used mine until about 15-20 miles before where the accident happened yesterday. The the accident happened right at the end of the system, but was easily in the worst part of it (at least as far as road conditions were concerned). With them coming from the East, they probably had no idea what they were driving into. As soon as I hit Alexandria, the snow/ice basically disappeared.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

jimmyptubas is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am down in the St. Michael/ Albertville area visiting my wife's family. Saw this on the news last night ( we were concerned because we are driving back tonight ) and now this morning heard it was NDSU students. I really hate the stupid, senseless, "being in the wrong place at the wrong time" deaths/accidents and it is one of my biggest fears in life as well. I hope these families can get through these tough times okay but I'd imagine it will be some of the darkest days imaginable ahead.

My prayers go out to the families of these kids. I cannot even imagine coping with such a tragedy.

All of them still teenagers. Truly a sad day for their families and fellow students who knew them at NDSU. It's hard to understand why God takes these young beautiful souls so early in life, but sometimes in life there are things we just can't understand. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of these young women and to the NDSU family as well.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Just awful. As a guy who lost 2 friends/classmates in HS and 2 more in college, this brings back my memories of going through this. Prayers to the families and friends.

My Grandparents lost a son who was 19 long before I was born. I asked about my uncle and the one thing that stuck with me is that they both said they still think about him everyday. Keep in mind this was when my grandparents were in their 80's. This tragedy will live with so many people for so long. Life is too short. As a new parent, it is my biggest fear that I outlive my daughter.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Hug your kids every day! What a horrible tragedy and my thoughts and prayers go out to their families. I can't imagine the pain they are going through. Did I mention, hug your kids every day and tell them you love them!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013