Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul on the hot seat??

Default Re: Saul on the hot seat??

I haven't watched any basketball this year so my opinion means nothing. what I do know is we've lost to MSUM, we've lost to UND and now we've lost to SDSU twice, including tonights debacle that many here are calling our worst conference lost ever. I'm sick of hearing this team is young, give it a year or two. We've had more than enough time to restock the cupboards after our tourney appearance (made with Miles guys).
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Cannon Falls, MN via Fargo, ND via Lewistown, MT

This is clinically insane. The team is 3rd in the league, 16-10 and oh by they way WE START 4 SOPHOMORES AND A FRESHMAN!

It's blatantly obvious the team has struggled as of late, especially in what Bison fan's view as the most meaningful games (UND/SDSU/ORU etc), but seriously talking about canning Saul? Get real. I'll even admit tonight was the probably the worst loss of the year given the lopsided nature, but come on folks - back away from the ledge.

You've seen how good this team can be (under Saul's tutelage), now just have some patience. It's a long season and the Bison are an EXTREMELY young team without a ton of experience. Give it some time, but the Bison are in a good place right now.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TQ16 View Post
    This is clinically insane. The team is 3rd in the league, 16-10 and oh by they way WE START 4 SOPHOMORES AND A FRESHMAN! It's blatantly obvious the team has struggled as of late, especially in what Bison fan's view as the most meaningful games (UND/SDSU/ORU etc), but seriously talking about canning Saul? Get real. I'll even admit tonight was the probably the worst loss of the year given the lopsided nature, but come on folks - back away from the ledge.

You've seen how good this team can be (under Saul's tutelage), now just have some patience. It's a long season and the Bison are an EXTREMELY young team without a ton of experience. Give it some time, but the Bison are in a good place right now.
    This says it right there... The team is YOUNG & we're still in 3rd regardless of how awful they have seemed lately. There will be ups and downs with this young nucleus. This was never "supposed" to be the year for the basketball team. I think the football team has blurred people's vision about the basketball team. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying losing is ok, but relax people.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I haven't watched any basketball this year so my opinion means nothing. what I do know is we've lost to MSUM, we've lost to UND and now we've lost to SDSU twice, including tonights debacle that many here are calling our worst conference lost ever. I'm sick of hearing this team is young, give it a year or two. We've had more than enough time to restock the cupboards after our tourney appearance (made with Miles guys).
    (All of our signature wins were under Miles...) As for my opinion, I want to see how the tournament plays out. Who knows, then we re-evaluate. You can't make a decision now anyway.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I don't understand our offense. Theoretically, kids should be able to "play" basketball whether you run plays or not. Having said that...there needs to be some sort of flow. passing cutting. Setting GOOD picks to create open jumps shots, working the ball inside... which also creates outside jumpshots. How about a pick and roll even ? I know people are gonna hate me for this but I see mostly pass, and drive. Pass and drive. sure it creates points sometimes, but how many times do we drive into a double team to the side of the basket and then look desperately to pass it out of there. I just don't see what the focus/direction of the offense is. It almost looks like the players aren't sure sometimes. So is it the players, ability? Experience? Or is it coaching? IM not close enough to the situation to know...but in my mind...from what Im hearing about all the ability we have...well...that leaves experience or coaching.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

If I were going to wager on performance at the Summit Tourney......I would bet we win one and done at best....I am not optomistic about a good showing. This team has too many stunning losses and no stunning wins.

Since I really, really like Saul, I'll give him until the end of next year. The lack of signiture wins has been annoying, the lack of any kind of success this year has been annoying, and honestly, watching the score throughout the game last night was just downright embarassing. Losing by 30? Wolters not having to play for half the second half? Have we beat a single team this year who might actually be better than us? Rather than getting excited about us being 3rd in the conference, I'm just going to come out and say that if we are in 3rd still, the Summit is dogshit this year for depth. We are not a threat right now. Definitely have a few things to fix in order to not get embarassed come tourney time.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by TQ16 View Post
    This is an issue, IMHO. We saw how good this team can be like a month and a half ago. The problem is that team has completely disappeared and been replaced by a worse team with more glaring issues, and no real shown ability to find answers. This team has been almost completely lost since the turn of the new year.

This isn't an up and down season. This is a season that started on a high note, dropped significantly to a low note and has maintained that low note.

In the last 3 games, we have been completely blown out by the worst team in the Summit, and then suffered the worst loss of our D1 conference career to our rivals. This team is not good, and hasn't been for a while, and IMHO that in concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    If I were going to wager on performance at the Summit Tourney......I would bet we win one and done at best....I am not optomistic about a good showing. This team has too many stunning losses and no stunning wins.
    What would be worse then that? 50 point mercy rule?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Boy, If Saul is taking this this much heat for a 16 and 10 team at this point of the season, the fans at Oakland must be getting a noose ready for Kampe. Having said that, the team defense at SDSU was shockingly bad last night. This Jackrabbit team is good but giving up 80 plus points to them? Come on!

There are too many opposing players getting to the rim and there are too many open threes. Team defense is partly technique but mostily hustle. Offense on this Bison team will take care of itself I think if they can get more stops.

Saul may have to pull a Tom Crean and put helmets and shoulder pads on the guys in practice and really get nuts. Something has to change this soft defensive mentality.