Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Saul on the hot seat??

Default Re: Saul on the hot seat??

Watching Tim Miles on tv now makes me miss a coach that is animated and that can actually coach more than ever. Go CSU Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by *Bisonrube View Post
    Watching Tim Miles on tv now makes me miss a coach that is animated and that can actually coach more than ever. Go CSU Basketball.
    Yeah...Tim is special. I hope that he can hang in there at CSU. He's got a really tough gig there.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Yeah...Tim is special. I hope that he can hang in there at CSU. He's got a really tough gig there.
    CA.....not sure if you are being sarcastic, or not, but Tim did just get a really nice extension package at CSU. At large bid will be given to them tomorrow. Expect an 11 or 12 seed. 20 wins, 3 wins against the top 20 and more importantly, they are on the map. They are packing the place and his transfers coming in next year make them very relavent. He lost a couple of very good assistants last year, I think to Utah, and he replaced one of them with a top AAU coach out of Chicago. That paid off immediately as Tim signed a kid from his AAU program, the Irvin Mac Fire program. Colton Iverson will be an absolute beast in the Mountain West next year. A recent Denver Post article stated that scout team is beating the starters on a regular basis. Tim is doing great there, got some new facilities, getting paid very nicely, but I can guarantee you that he will be coaching a bigtime program soon. He will have a difficult choice this off season as he will be a hot commodity.....go to the next "bigger" program, or stay and coach the best team he has ever had. He can really make a splash with the talent he has returning. He only graduates a backup post player.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    CA.....not sure if you are being sarcastic, or not,
    There wasnt any purple font.....
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Saul needs to find a rotation that works and start making appropriate adjustments during the game.
    One word to often describe play by so called DI talent on this team is "sloppy". Some of it can be excused by saying the team was relatively young, but where was the improvement during the season? Saul takes most the blame for that.
    Here are some areas Saul needs to get many on the team to improve their performance (add to this list as you see fit):
    1. Dribble, drive, pass, or shoot decisions. Indecision leads to lots of stupid turnovers. Stopping dribble and holding ball should be last and least (for a DI college team the Bison players do this way too often).
    2. Setting screens. To set a high screen timing and position are critical. Hardly saw one done correctly all season.
    3. Free throws. Too many missed overall. Very inconsistent. Shooting close to 50% in a tourney game is pathetic.
    4. Motion offense. Seems like way too much passing around the perimeter without making something happen.
    5. Leadership. Need to have someone who does most everything well rise to the top and be the "go to guy". Too many question marks left the Bison without any true leadership this past year.
    6. Defense. Be aggressive and avoid the stupid fouls. The other team had too many easy trips to the line.
    Also, the team needs better composure. In the UND game Braun gets fouled hard and wants to fight the guy and pouts about the foul. Boo Hoo. The Bison need to be the aggressor not sit back and let a crappy scrappy team like UND rattle them. All that comes from the coach imho.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt