Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul on the hot seat??

Default Re: Saul on the hot seat??

Quote Originally Posted by *Bisonrube View Post
    Again I will say it...CLASSLESS. Saul didn't play his seniors for his own selfish reasons ^^^^, not for the TEAMs best interest. Not even playing Carlson a minute...seriously. Saul can take his BS senior night speeches and shove em...that is no way to treat a Senior that used to start for you, got injured and battled back all year without making waves about being benched..and still performed at the end. It has to leave a bitter taste in Carlsons mouth and he deserved better. Stay Classy Saul. (If the seniors had some sort of injury, please let me know that I am way off base here)
    Who knows, maybe there were personnel issues that we don't know about. Again, I am frustrated and pissed off.....just like I was with Bohl during the down years. But, I am willing to give Saul a chance the same as Bohl. Look, Saul knows more about basketball than any of us rubes on this board. Did he fall far short this year.....damn right he fell short. But, give the guy a chance. We gave Bohl a chance to fix his issues at QB, Def. Coord. and the OC learned on the job. Let's all just take a breath....and see what Saul does next season.

But......this season was a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Here is a note for you..........when did this team start to fall off..... answer when carlson came back......so maybe best for the team was not carlson on the floor......i think he did make waves........just saying
    Ooh it was Carlsons fault. Lmao.

Ooh it was Carlsons fault. Lmao.
    i am not defending saul really ... read my other posts i am simply saying that carlson may have deserved as much playing time as he got!
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    i am not defending saul really ... read my other posts i am simply saying that carlson may have deserved as much playing time as he got!
    Yeah just frustrated and giving you a hard time. Just thought Carlson or anyone in his position deserved a chance to play in his final game...what message does that send the current players. I am sure there are a few ways to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Who knows, maybe there were personnel issues that we don't know about. Again, I am frustrated and pissed off.....just like I was with Bohl during the down years. But, I am willing to give Saul a chance the same as Bohl. Look, Saul knows more about basketball than any of us rubes on this board. Did he fall far short this year.....damn right he fell short. But, give the guy a chance. We gave Bohl a chance to fix his issues at QB, Def. Coord. and the OC learned on the job. Let's all just take a breath....and see what Saul does next season.

But......this season was a disaster.
    I agree. Just a wait and see...and HOPE.

Yeah just frustrated and giving you a hard time. Just thought Carlson or anyone in his position deserved a chance to play in his final game...what message does that send the current players. I am sure there are a few ways to look at it.
    Really? I didn't realize we were running a Jr. High program where everyone gets to play in every game just because. I don't want this to sound like I'm coming down on those Sr's because that's not my intent. There is a time and a place to make sure that everyone gets into the game and it is not the conference tournament when it's win or go home and you're in a 1 pt game with :50 seconds left. If we win, does anyone even bring up that they didn't play? I doubt it.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After the Kansas game in 09, some alumni, who follow college basketball closely but do not get to the see the Bison play, told me they thought after watching that game that Saul was not a good coach. I have been defending him to them since then but now I am beginning to think they were right all along.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Really? I didn't realize we were running a Jr. High program where everyone gets to play in every game just because. I don't want this to sound like I'm coming down on those Sr's because that's not my intent. There is a time and a place to make sure that everyone gets into the game and it is not the conference tournament when it's win or go home and you're in a 1 pt game with :50 seconds left. If we win, does anyone even bring up that they didn't play? I doubt it.
    He was player of the game last week against same team. Saul started a freshman that can't do a dam thing and gave up half the points in the first half. The reason he went with that lineup is so he can say we started two freshman and 3 sophomores.
    If we won would anyone bring it up?? Uffda. No if Saul actually won I would say that he was making the right moves.

Carlson not playing was very much a questionmark.

Joel Lindberg not redshirting this year was an even bigger question mark. As if that mistake wasn't bad enough, the guy averaged 15 minutes per game, and 18 minutes yesterday.

We should hire Suel Forrester from Saturday Night Live.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk