Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No more Monday games!

Default Re: No more Monday games!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    It is already way down. If a change in command is made, I would think that some fans will return. Also the thurs-sat conference schedule will help attendance.
    But if one of NDSU's goals is to get more men's games on TV, wouldn't that actually hurt the women? Even less fans going to games because they could go to a bar or stay home to watch the men on TV? I would think the majority of folks would rather watch the Bison men play at Oakland on TV in the middle of January rather than trekking to the BSA for that same women's match-up, no?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

They should just play Thursday-Saturday doubleheaders, now I doubt if I will ever go to another women's conference game. I'd rather follow the men's game.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    It is already way down. If a change in command is made, I would think that some fans will return. Also the thurs-sat conference schedule will help attendance.
    Will people want to go have a home game every Thursday and Saturday during conference season? With men's and women's games on at home on the same weekend off weekends can be used for other commitments or activities.

Those Sat. double headers are going to be missed. Especially at the Dakota Schools, since a good portion of the non-student attendence is coming from up to 4 hours away to watch the action. Getting 4 hours of entertainment is a lot easier to sell 2 to 8 hours of travel, than 1.5 hours of entertainment.

Women's attendence figures will probably show SDSU #1, USD #2, ORU #3, OU #4 this season. Get back to winning ways, Bison have demonstrated that WBB can be #1 or #2 attendence. If battling the Jacks, for #1, I would not be surprised if Bison crowds at home average higher the Jacks at home.