Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Klieman is the new Defensive Coordinator

Default Re: Chris Klieman is the new Defensive Coordinator

Klieman's experience will make this transition to a new D coordinator pretty easy. Obviously anytime a coach leave, players need to adjust to a new "head guy" running the show. I don't think you will see much change in what we do. We will still be a dominating defense ranking tops in the country. Best of luck Coach K.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

It's called succession planning. Nothing too surprising here, from my perspective. It would be alarming if the cupboard was bare when a talented assistant moves on.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    It's like Bohl could see the future so he preemptively hired Klieman last year to be Hazelton's replacement. Bohl if your reading this I could really use next weeks lotto numbers, PM me, thanks in advance.
    dont bother, lakes already has the text.

Coach Klieman was just on with Scotty on KFGO, sounded like they're not changing anything schematically and he's pretty optimistic about the guys they have. Shouldn't lose a beat from Hazelton leaving, very cool to hear.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Klieman is the right guy for the job considering he is in house and I do believe in promoting from within if worthy. But my question is how do we know he is the right guy?? He did have injury issues in the secondary last season and definitely did a good job coaching up the backups. Also I know he was the co-D-coordinator at UNI but from what I read it seemed like it was more or less title only as Farley was in charge of the defense. So I'm curious what do you guys know about him that makes him the right guy??

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I think Klieman is the right guy for the job considering he is in house and I do believe in promoting from within if worthy. But my question is how do we know he is the right guy?? He did have injury issues in the secondary last season and definitely did a good job coaching up the backups. Also I know he was the co-D-coordinator at UNI but from what I read it seemed like it was more or less title only as Farley was in charge of the defense. So I'm curious what do you guys know about him that makes him the right guy??
    Regardless of his title he spent time gameplanning as defensive coordinator at UNI and helped build several very good defenses in the mid-2000's when UNI was pushing in the playoffs consistently. Per gobison.com:

As defensive coordinator in 2009, Klieman led a UNI defensive unit that finished fourth in the nation in scoring defense (13.2 ppg). The Panthers also led the Missouri Valley Football Conference in rushing defense, passing defense and total defense, giving up a mere 267.2 yards per game. UNI held six of its 11 opponents to seven points or less during the 2009 season.

Under Klieman’s direction as co-defensive coordinator in 2008, the Panthers ranked No. 4 in the nation in turnover margin and No. 9 in the nation in scoring defense. The Panthers forced 40 turnovers in 2008, which included 24 interceptions and 16 fumble recoveries.
    That doesn't just happen, as we saw with the impact Hazelton had in his two-year stint as DC. Also had very successful defenses at his previous gigs.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Keep in mind Coach K shut us down on a couple of occasions!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe I missed it...can someone remind me why he left UNI and ended up at NDSU? or how? Or whatever the circumstances were? Sorry I don't recall and didn't see it in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Maybe I missed it...can someone remind me why he left UNI and ended up at NDSU? or how? Or whatever the circumstances were? Sorry I don't recall and didn't see it in this thread.
    He wanted to know what it felt like to win a national championship.

Really though, it probably came down to money.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    in a nutshell....Farley is a jerk and UNI doesn't pay very well....Farley hogs a huge chunk of the coaching money at UNI
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt