Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Increasing Playoff Field

Default Re: Increasing Playoff Field

Make it 24. There will be some year that NDSU gets in because of the expanded field and we have a history of playing our best football in December.

Didn't NDSU get in as the last seed in one of the Eighties Championship years?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Make it 24. There will be some year that NDSU gets in because of the expanded field and we have a history of playing our best football in December.

Didn't NDSU get in as the last seed in one of the Eighties Championship years?
    I believe you are correct. Cant remember what year but we must have pissed of D2 because they tried really hard to keep us out of the playoffs. We were victim's of our own success. We changed the rules. The NCC was so dominant that we played USD in the Championship game so they changed that rule.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I believe you are correct. Cant remember what year but we must have pissed of D2 because they tried really hard to keep us out of the playoffs. We were victim's of our own success. We changed the rules. The NCC was so dominant that we played USD in the Championship game so they changed that rule.
    I just remember there was a year the coaches collected the equipment and sent the players home for Thanksgiving because they didn't feel NDSU would get a playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    I just remember there was a year the coaches collected the equipment and sent the players home for Thanksgiving because they didn't feel NDSU would get a playoff spot.

There were only 8 teams in the PO's at that time. We played #1 seed Cal Davis out there the first game and crushed them. We then went to USD and beat them (recall the pitch) after they had kicked our asses earlier in the season. We then played North Alabama in the NC game, and, IMO, they were not as good as half the teams we played in the regular season. We killed them!!!

Oh, and the reason we got in is because we smoked UND 49-0 in the season final, and about 5-6 teams who were in front of us lost that same weekend-->I suppose our success in the PO's the two years prior also had something to do with getting bumped up that high as well.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

For those saying that 24 is too many: Is 16 too many? Why not just have 8 teams in the playoffs?

I have terrible memories of the D2 system. NDSU had four or five teams with 2 or 3 losses that got left out of the playoffs. For example, NDSU had a 9-2 team snubbed and a 10-1 team that got sent on the road for three straight rounds. Even if those screw jobs were facilitated by Roger Thomas being on the playoff selection committee, the fact is that D2 allowed it. Of course, the D2 playoff system was bull crap in about six different ways so the FCS would have to have a complete meltdown to get as bad. Expanding the playoff field provides a bit more cushion against stupidity.

If they make it 24, they'll just let the entire Colonial conference each year, and maybe one 7-4 Valley team.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

There were only 8 teams in the PO's at that time. We played #1 seed Cal Davis out there the first game and crushed them. We then went to USD and beat them (recall the pitch) after they had kicked our asses earlier in the season. We then played North Alabama in the NC game, and, IMO, they were not as good as half the teams we played in the regular season. We killed them!!!

Oh, and the reason we got in is because we smoked UND 49-0 in the season final, and about 5-6 teams who were in front of us lost that same weekend-->I suppose our success in the PO's the two years prior also had something to do with getting bumped up that high as well.
    We won the championship. Clearly it was the right decision.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    If they make it 24, they'll just let the entire Colonial conference each year, and maybe one 7-4 Valley team.
    If that 7-4 Valley team is the Bison I will be happy they expanded the field.

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    We won the championship. Clearly it was the right decision.
    Ahboombah.
    Go Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by mhyer63 View Post
    Heck I will go one better than that, screw the FBS and lets stay with a playoff system by just jumping straight to the NFL.
    You forgot your purple font.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club