Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Championship Banners

Default Championship Banners

Has it ever been brought up that our Championship Banners hanging in the dome are hardly noticeable? I was thinking about this at a game last fall. Then while watching the Bison/Who BB game on TV, I was reminded of it. Hard to give a compliment, but their championship hockey banners looked good hanging from their rafters.

Since we will be hanging a new one, maybe this is a good time to think about updating the old ones. Make them fit the venue a little better.

Default Re: Championship Banners

Quote Originally Posted by Putz View Post
    Has it ever been brought up that our Championship Banners hanging in the dome are hardly noticeable? I was thinking about this at a game last fall. Then while watching the Bison/Who BB game on TV, I was reminded of it. Hard to give a compliment, but their championship hockey banners looked good hanging from their rafters.

Since we will be hanging a new one, maybe this is a good time to think about updating the old ones. Make them fit the venue a little better.
    Yes, this has been a regular offseason "dome upgrade" complaint. I have a feeling they will spice it up after the first FCS win, but who knows.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

You need binoculars to see them. Maybe tripling or quadrupling the size would help.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Yeah, didn't figure I was the only one to notice. Hope something gets done to fix them.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does anyone know the actual dimensions of them?? I have never seen UND's (nor do I care to) but I have a feeling they are probably similar sized, just ours are a lot further away and much higher. If they were in the East side concourse or out in the entryway, I bet they would seem the right size.

I agree the banners should be larger. Good time to upgrade since almost everything else at the dome has. I would also love to see a huge "Bison Football 2011 National Champions" on the outside of the dome.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Does anyone know the actual dimensions of them?? I have never seen UND's (nor do I care to) but I have a feeling they are probably similar sized, just ours are a lot further away and much higher. If they were in the East side concourse or out in the entryway, I bet they would seem the right size.
    PRETTY sure UNDs are much larger than ours as they hang from the ceiling quite a ways. I have a picture of their WCHA conference championship banners (didn't take any of the national championship ones as our seats didn't allow and I didn't walk around the arena). The conference banners are bigger than NDSU's national championship banners as they're longer than NDSU's are wide and wider than NDSU are long. At best from my estimation maybe 2/3 (if we're lucky) of the size of the WCHA banners from the pictures I have and I believe the Championship ones were the same size. I don't really care for getting into the my dad is bigger than your dad argument. They just need to be put in a place where more people see them (where that is I have no good suggestions other than maybe under the scoreboards?). The first time I even noticed them was when a Drago punt scraped the rafters.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    PRETTY sure UNDs are much larger than ours as they hang from the ceiling quite a ways. I have a picture of their WCHA conference championship banners (didn't take any of the national championship ones as our seats didn't allow and I didn't walk around the arena). The conference banners are bigger than NDSU's national championship banners as they're longer than NDSU's are wide and wider than NDSU are long. At best from my estimation maybe 2/3 (if we're lucky) of the size of the WCHA banners from the pictures I have and I believe the Championship ones were the same size. I don't really care for getting into the my dad is bigger than your dad argument. They just need to be put in a place where more people see them (where that is I have no good suggestions other than maybe under the scoreboards?). The first time I even noticed them was when a Drago punt scraped the rafters.
    I totally agree with this. The size of UND's banners doesn't matter to me, was just using them as an example since I saw them on TV. Ours need to be made to an appropriate size and hung in a proper location.

$$$

Didn't someone on here say that they looked into it a couple years ago and it was a solid five figures per banner. That would put a complete set in the low six figures. At this point, I would rather have six figures go into the BSA project. But I plan to buy a couple Powerball tickets tomorrow and promise to pay for both if I hit the jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    $$$

Didn't someone on here say that they looked into it a couple years ago and it was a solid five figures per banner. That would put a complete set in the low six figures. At this point, I would rather have six figures go into the BSA project. But I plan to buy a couple Powerball tickets tomorrow and promise to pay for both if I hit the jackpot.
    Agreed. Right now I'd like to see everything go towards the BSA renovation.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz