Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Senior: Scott Stoczynski

Default 2011 Senior: Scott Stoczynski

Like so many others, Scott stepped up big his senior year and made position moves for the betterment of the team. His ability to rotate in at defensive end (and tackle too I think) kept NDSU's defense Bison strong all game long. Example: The last play of the championship game? Scott crushed their QB for a 10-yard sack.

If you want to start one of these threads, there are still three seniors left who we haven't gotten around to starting threads for: Boen Anderson, Brady Hansen, and Alex Yaggie.

Default Re: 2011 Senior: Scott Stoczynski

Like Tony said, Scott stepped up big time his senior year. He was a great example for the younger guys, too.

He accepted his role throughout his career here-->the true Bison way. I hope the kids we have recruited this year and the last few that may not or have yet to get significant playing time understand that, in the long run, good things will happen to them and the team that is North Dakota State University.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

His best game this year probably came in the championship game. That was great to see. Give me a senior in the final game of any season, especially the title game! It really is fantastic this great senior class got to leave NDSU with a win.

Thanks for the great career Scott!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Scott had one of the more heady plays of the NC game in my opinion.

When Beck dove for the endzone, he led with the ball, which he lost control of when it hit the ground before he did, so technically Travis was not yet "down". There was a chance that this play could have gone south like the Holloway fumble against UNI when he dove for the endzone, lost control of the ball, which hit the pylon before it went into the endzone, possession UNI. I held my breath, but the replay in the corner of the stadium showed Scott jumping on the ball and recovering it in the endzone. It was a no call by the ref, but I still think it was a heads up play on Stoczynski's part.

Never got a chance to meet Scott, but his family was very active and really great. They made it to the SDSU watch party in Chicago last year and I know they made it to numerous games back in Fargo.
    Naughty by nature...not cause I hate ya.

Solid career. After the Garrett Johnson fiasco he was forced to start earlier than expected. Had a good 2010 by starting and playing some great run defense. Was a consistent player in the rotation his senior year. Deserves credit for the hair.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Anyone hear anything about Scott passing. Polasek and DJ McNorton made mention of it on twitter and were wishing condolences to his family. What have you heard?
    Damn, I'm Good!

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis was a Bison View Post
    Anyone hear anything about Scott passing. Polasek and DJ McNorton made mention of it on twitter and were wishing condolences to his family. What have you heard?
    Unfortunately true.

1 player told me it was a car accident, (EDIT) This is confirmed now, 1 car rollover.
    He was in Law Enforcement, then moved careers to financial planning I believe.

He was a helluva guy, fun times with him back in the day at chubs. RIP Stoh..
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 07-18-2022 at 04:12 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?