Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MVFC and other FCS 2012 signings

Default Re: MVFC and other FCS 2012 signings

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Indiana State didn't get any big names from Indiana that I recognize and they seem to have more non-Indiana kids this year. I don't follow some of that close enough to know if they got a great class or not.
    They got 2 kids from the Chi town area we showed interest in, but never offered
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I had a longer post written and lost it, but the gist was that the usual suspects, at least according to rivals, had pretty good success. JMU, Appy, Georgia Southern all did well. Portland State got three 3 star players and five 2 star prospects. Turner Gil got a surprisingly good class at Liberty - had three 3 star players, two of which had pretty good offer lists including some BCS (Big 10, Big 12, Big East, ACC) offers.
    i dont think thats surprising at all with gill

I see our friends to the North rate their class B+ http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

They brag about their wr class and they are all 6-2 or so but had no other offers and the fastest one Anthony Fletcher runs a 4.9 forty (rivals page). Good qb class but after that not so much. Kids that don't have D1 speed - they did pick up a fast rb kid out of Montana but neither MSU or UM offered. In fact they talk more about their walk on's than almost anyone else.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    I see our friends to the North rate their class B+ http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

They brag about their wr class and they are all 6-2 or so but had no other offers and the fastest one Anthony Fletcher runs a 4.9 forty (rivals page). Good qb class but after that not so much. Kids that don't have D1 speed - they did pick up a fast rb kid out of Montana but neither MSU or UM offered. In fact they talk more about their walk on's than almost anyone else.
    ESPN recruiting pages

UND - http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...5/north-dakota

NDSU - http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo...449/class/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post

Like I have said many times, I really expected UND to beat us a few times this year in recruiting. Kids want playing time, and they can offer it. We are basically stacked and young. Hard sell, but like Bohl said...the kids that signed wanted to be winners (National Champions). I also expected UND to recruit in the Big Sky footprint, but they left the areas they were in, and went East, which is completely different than what they had stated would be a positive about going to the Big Sky. Sort of a bizarre class by them in my opinion. I like the Illinois QB, but their fanbase is going to want Mollberg to win that job, getting a transfer to keep those two redshirted was a good move on their part. The JUCO QB that they took last year has two years of eligibility left, and won't sniff the field. I really like two of SDSU's O Lineman. The two from Nebraska are very good talents. If the 3 star can get tough and love the game and translate his wrestling toughness to the field, he will be a great one. The other from 8 man football down in Howell's is going to be a star in the Mo Valley. Great job on those two kids. UNI as always got their share of athletes, and finally the SIU staff has sold their soul for talent. Boy that has to be hard for them.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Like I have said many times, I really expected UND to beat us a few times this year in recruiting. Kids want playing time, and they can offer it. We are basically stacked and young. Hard sell, but like Bohl said...the kids that signed wanted to be winners (National Champions). I also expected UND to recruit in the Big Sky footprint, but they left the areas they were in, and went East, which is completely different than what they had stated would be a positive about going to the Big Sky. Sort of a bizarre class by them in my opinion. I like the Illinois QB, but their fanbase is going to want Mollberg to win that job, getting a transfer to keep those two redshirted was a good move on their part. The JUCO QB that they took last year has two years of eligibility left, and won't sniff the field. I really like two of SDSU's O Lineman. The two from Nebraska are very good talents. If the 3 star can get tough and love the game and translate his wrestling toughness to the field, he will be a great one. The other from 8 man football down in Howell's is going to be a star in the Mo Valley. Great job on those two kids. UNI as always got their share of athletes, and finally the SIU staff has sold their soul for talent. Boy that has to be hard for them.
    What soul?
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Grizzled is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Thats a cool page that I don't think I have ever been on before. Easy to compare recruiting classes with that. We have way more guys with recruiting pages than almost everyone else in FCS.

i noticed georgia southern got an ATH with offers from illinois, south florida, memphis, washington state, and florida atlantic. a DE with an offer from Vandy. a RB with a few MAC offers and UCF. A DE with offers via Indiana, Duke, Memphis, Mississippit St. and Illinois. A QB with GTech, FIU, and Navy. and a safety with Air Force, Toledo and Troy. of course we dont know what kind of offers but still impressive

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    i noticed georgia southern got an ATH with offers from illinois, south florida, memphis, washington state, and florida atlantic. a DE with an offer from Vandy. a RB with a few MAC offers and UCF. A DE with offers via Indiana, Duke, Memphis, Mississippit St. and Illinois. A QB with GTech, FIU, and Navy. and a safety with Air Force, Toledo and Troy. of course we dont know what kind of offers but still impressive
    He had academic issues, last article from 1/24/12 said he just qualified with a 17ACT, probably had his offers from the Big boys pulled by that time

Mount Dora (Fla.) athlete Vegas Harley got good news recently when he found out he earned a 17 on the ACT. That, combined with a 2.68 core GPA, has Harley set to academically qualify. For the Central Florida athlete, improving his academic situation was a big weight off his shoulders.

From Rivals 1/24/12

Also according to rivals several of the other big names have not signed yet, waiting on Bigger offers