Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcus Brantley Commits to NDSU

Default Re: Marcus Brantley Commits to NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Boise has a couple huge advantages over Fargo. Metro Boise has a population of over 617k. Fargo metro is a little under 200k. Also, they are fairly close to the prime CA recruiting grounds.
    On a side note. I know a guy who was an athletic trainer at Boise St. when they first got rolling under Dan Hawkins. He said they had some players with very questionable character. Kids the PAC 10 wouldn't touch. The kind of kids "you wouldn't turn your back on". His words not mine. I hope we never end up like that.
    Your side note is what I was going to bring up...they still bring in the kids that the bigger programs won't touch, and Boise St. is very easy to get in to, a recruit may not get into his Pac 10, ACC, SEC school, but he will get into Boise.
    "We will win games with talent, but we will win Championships with Character" - Jimbo Fisher - Florida St. H.C.

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sports Illustrated article today about Boise St. recruiting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t12_a4

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNolesFan77 View Post
    Your side note is what I was going to bring up...they still bring in the kids that the bigger programs won't touch, and Boise St. is very easy to get in to, a recruit may not get into his Pac 10, ACC, SEC school, but he will get into Boise.
    Have any of you ever driven around Boise?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Sounds like a great get. Wooohooo!
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Welcome Marcus...we're excited to have you in the program!!

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    Sports Illustrated article today about Boise St. recruiting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t12_a4
    I hate the BCS. Can you imagine if NCAA basketball was treated like the BCS?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Lets cool it on the NDSU-Boise State fantasies and just enjoy the fact that Bohl and his staff have landed another great recruit.
    I heard he flew to Boise State and personally told those guys to shove it, he wants to win a nation championship, not get screwed by the BCS popularity contest.*
    *he didn't really do or say any of that.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Have any of you ever driven around Boise?
    Yes, was at the TCU game last year. Without Micron and Simplot that city would have nothing going for it. Amazing fan base though if they had a big hitting donaer that football program would be a powerhouse just lacks the cash. Talked to someone with a fair amount of inside knowledge to their program basically said they had their 2 cb's they wanted and Brantley was never offered. We could be Bosie someday but we honestly don't draw near enough ppl to even be talking about it, there a big Tv contract away from being LEGIT.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Yes, was at the TCU game last year. Without Micron and Simplot that city would have nothing going for it. Amazing fan base though if they had a big hitting donaer that football program would be a powerhouse just lacks the cash. Talked to someone with a fair amount of inside knowledge to their program basically said they had their 2 cb's they wanted and Brantley was never offered. We could be Bosie someday but we honestly don't draw near enough ppl to even be talking about it, there a big Tv contract away from being LEGIT.
    It's the age-old question...the chicken or the egg. The argument can't be won.

jimmyptubas is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have not paid attention to the team in the off season like this before so I don't know how all of this recruiting stuff works but it really seems like this guy is legit. So, i'd imagine he'd red shirt a year to learn the ropes eh?