Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Close to Recruiting

Default Re: The Close to Recruiting

Honestly, we have to be close to full at this point. I am sure we have some room if necessary. This has been a blast. Again, the purpose of this thread was to look at who we were still chasing, and we are closing strong, which is the key to any recruiting class. Davis/Pierce/Dinwiddie, huge. Then today we add the last ND kid as well as Brantley who was clearly the late prize. You can't have enough speed and talent. The funny part about this class, our amazing class is going to be Juniors. Time flies. These kids are going to be important in a couple years, and last year's class almost all redshirted. Bohl and staff are building a program that is going to be a force for years to come. Regional schools did a good job this year in avoiding NDSU for the most part.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

This has been a fun week so far. Just like the class of 2 years ago you can see some amazing potential.

Tomorrow will be fun. There is always a surprise or two. I am thrilled with this class the way it is and if Desean Warren is still committed I will be absolutely estatic!

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can't say enough good things about the coaching staff's identifying and signing players who are coachable and fit our system. There are new coaching staffs at U of Arizona and ASU and
    both say they're committed to keeping the best players in state. Whether or not this means massive walk-on programs like we have seen at Nebraska and Minnesota bears watching. AJ
    may have his work cut out for him next year, but what a great job he did this year.

Justin Arp to NDSU per Kolpack Twitter

Kolpack just tweeted Arp to NDSU.

Edit: Damn it Mulligan! Beat me to it.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought the Whioux had Arp going to GF? Huh...

If you all recall, in 2010 Bohl was so excited about his class he admitted they were going to be a very special group. Last year he said it wasn't like the year before but there some special athletes that would make the team better.

I can hardly wait to see what Bohl says about this class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    We just killed it in Arizona. That is shocking. When I started this thread, I was hoping for a guy or two, but we just hammered it.....and added Dinwiddie as a transfer kid with 3 years left. I am literally in shock that we got Marcus Brantley. If you follow some of these kids on Twitter, it can be entertaining. Sam Ojuri was his host. Great job by our young men and our amazing staff.

Timpf/McMakin....I mean is this too good to be true? We are hammering this class.
    better class on paper then 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Regional schools did a good job this year in avoiding NDSU for the most part.
    What do you mean by this? By my count, NDSU/SDSU had offers to seven kids in common this year. Two verballed to SDSU (Carr and Brichacek), three verballed to NDSU (McGinnis, Farniof, and Pierce), and two remain uncommitted (Timpf and McMackin). Those last two could still go either way (although I don't think we are in the running for McMackin), and if they both go one direction it will obviously tip the tables. With that said, right now the head to head recruiting has been fairly even. IMO, SDSU will never out recruit NDSU because of the differences in funding, coaches, facilities, and tradition that NDSU has in its favor. But to imply that the other regional schools are avoiding NDSU on the recruiting trail to save face just isn't accurate.

You mentioned in a previous post too that all the other regional schools were really struggling with recruiting and the area FBS walk on programs...I'm not sure that is accurate either.

I've never understood your need to tear down other regional schools efforts in order to pump up NDSU's successes, but it seems like a number of the Dakota and Valley schools are putting together good classes this year - and yes NDSU is right at the top of that list as they typically are with recruiting. Enjoy signing day Bison fans...it should be fun.
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I thought the Whioux had Arp going to GF? Huh...
    I wonder if they will rake themselves over the coals like they did with Izzo....