Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Close to Recruiting

Default The Close to Recruiting

I see this on many boards by the rivals writers. After tonight, coaches are unable to communicate with recruits, so who are the kids we are still chasing? Who else has offered? our chance of getting them? Again, the idea was stolen from other rivals boards.

Kid that were on campus this weekend (not all, I just know these kids were on campus).
    Lechler, Arp, and Sam Hahn. Lechler has offers from UND and NDSU. I have no idea on Arp. Is he a scholarship kid? Walk on? Hahn is a big lineman from Nebraska, an AAU basketball player, I don't think has any other offers. My prediction. We land all 3. We have yet to lose an in state battle. We get the kids we want in state, and Hahn was either a Husker or Bison based on a late visit and the Huskers told him they were full at walk on at his position.

Kids that have verballed that we need to keep: Call them the least firm of "verbals."
    Pierce: I still think he is a Bison. Unless the Gophers call him tonight. I think he sticks. 90%.
    Dinwiddie: We don't know much. Probably won't until signing day from what I heard. I think he is the electic back we need. Bigtime talent. I think it is a firm verbal with his brother here, nothing other than a JUCO blog report has confirmed at this point, which is nerve racking. 90%.
    Davis: Verbal from a few weeks ago. I really want this kid. Future MLB for us. Took his official visit to Army this weekend. Offers from USD, Army and NDSU. 80%?
    DeSean Warren: A personal favorite of mine. Without an ACL, I thought he was going bigtime. Our first verbal? If not first, he was early. Coaches had to have loved him. Part of 3 WR's that have verballed to us. Kansas Rivals saying he is uncommitted, but with only our offer? Top 10 Kansas Kid. 90% (unless someone offers today, I don't think he has options).

Kids that we are currently pursuing, have yet to verbal anywhere:
    Marcus Brantley: Arizona corner, visited with Chuks. Got an offer from Boise this weekend while on his official visit. 20%
    Marcus Horne: Michigan RB, a TON of offers. I have heard we still have a legit chance at this kid. On a visit to Michigan State this weekend. Gray shirt offered per rivals reports. I will say that if we get him, it is our biggest signing since I started to follow recruiting when we went D1. 20%
    Brett McMakin: Kansas DE, offers from SDSU, Southern Illinois, and NDSU. Not sure on this one. Pretty quiet battle. Lets just go with 33% because I have no idea. If he wants to win, he picks NDSU!
    Josh Orsino: Florida WR: Something like 9 offers including a preferred walk on to Alabama. Visiting Kentucky this weekend. I haven't heard much. Visited during our playoff run. 5%? Just haven't heard much. Plenty good, and you can't have enough WR's. Not sure if offer still exists after we got our 3rd WR in this class.
    Calvin Thomas: DT Arizona: Visiting Washington this weekend. Obviously if he gets an offer, we lost. Offers from Montana, Air Force, NDSU, Northern Arizona. Visited us on 10/29. 20% chance. I haven't heard much. If those schools all want him, and he is visiting UW....he can play. Would be a good get obviously.
    Jeremy Timpf: Arizona LB. Deciding between offers from SDSU, Army and NDSU. Has visited both Dakota Schools. I like those odds. 75%.
    Kyle Hughes: 2 star MN Athlete: Longtime verbal of Eastern Michigan. Decommitted and on 1/21 a rivals article listed us as one of five schools that have shown interest. I wonder that if we lost Brantly to Boise tonight, if he wasn't our next option at corner? Looks like an impressive athlete. 20? no clue.
    Ryan Glasgow: Illinois Offensive LIneman: 4 Mo Valley offers as well as Wyoming. I have no idea on him. Preferred Walk on at Michigan, Northwestern and Vandy as well as options in the Ivy League. Since we haven't heard much, my guess is slim. 10%.

Overall, I would be THRILLED if we kept the entire class of current verbals, landed the in state kids and Sam Hahn that visited this weekend, and were able to win some late battles. Horne would be the class of the class in my opinion. I would really like to keep getting those tough linebackers/defensive end kids and we have a few of those hanging out there.

I am very impressed with the class so far. We must close strong and make this a great class. We have won a lot of battles, added some great WR's which was critical and alot of depth. Will be interesting what we hear between now and Wednesday.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Default Re: The Close to Recruiting

I still feel we need another OL. Lechler would be perfect. I hope we get him.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wonder what is the number of scholarships available this year? I'd like to see a class around 18 to 20, we already have 15 verbals. But from my count, I think we lost around 17 to 18 players from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    I still feel we need another OL. Lechler would be perfect. I hope we get him.
    Sam Hahn from Nebraska visited, plus Lechler....that would be great. They are both very big boys. Multi sport athletes.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

good read but scout had thomas visit dates wrong. he went tulane this weekend

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I see this on many boards by the rivals writers. After tonight, coaches are unable to communicate with recruits, so who are the kids we are still chasing? Who else has offered? our chance of getting them? Again, the idea was stolen from other rivals boards.

Kid that were on campus this weekend (not all, I just know these kids were on campus).
    Lechler, Arp, and Sam Hahn. Lechler has offers from UND and NDSU. I have no idea on Arp. Is he a scholarship kid? Walk on? Hahn is a big lineman from Nebraska, an AAU basketball player, I don't think has any other offers. My prediction. We land all 3. We have yet to lose an in state battle. We get the kids we want in state, and Hahn was either a Husker or Bison based on a late visit and the Huskers told him they were full at walk on at his position.

Kids that have verballed that we need to keep: Call them the least firm of "verbals."
    Pierce: I still think he is a Bison. Unless the Gophers call him tonight. I think he sticks. 90%.
    Dinwiddie: We don't know much. Probably won't until signing day from what I heard. I think he is the electic back we need. Bigtime talent. I think it is a firm verbal with his brother here, nothing other than a JUCO blog report has confirmed at this point, which is nerve racking. 90%.
    Davis: Verbal from a few weeks ago. I really want this kid. Future MLB for us. Took his official visit to Army this weekend. Offers from USD, Army and NDSU. 80%?
    DeSean Warren: A personal favorite of mine. Without an ACL, I thought he was going bigtime. Our first verbal? If not first, he was early. Coaches had to have loved him. Part of 3 WR's that have verballed to us. Kansas Rivals saying he is uncommitted, but with only our offer? Top 10 Kansas Kid. 90% (unless someone offers today, I don't think he has options).

Kids that we are currently pursuing, have yet to verbal anywhere:
    Marcus Brantley: Arizona corner, visited with Chuks. Got an offer from Boise this weekend while on his official visit. 20%
    Marcus Horne: Michigan RB, a TON of offers. I have heard we still have a legit chance at this kid. On a visit to Michigan State this weekend. Gray shirt offered per rivals reports. I will say that if we get him, it is our biggest signing since I started to follow recruiting when we went D1. 20%
    Brett McMakin: Kansas DE, offers from SDSU, Southern Illinois, and NDSU. Not sure on this one. Pretty quiet battle. Lets just go with 33% because I have no idea. If he wants to win, he picks NDSU!
    Josh Orsino: Florida WR: Something like 9 offers including a preferred walk on to Alabama. Visiting Kentucky this weekend. I haven't heard much. Visited during our playoff run. 5%? Just haven't heard much. Plenty good, and you can't have enough WR's. Not sure if offer still exists after we got our 3rd WR in this class.
    Calvin Thomas: DT Arizona: Visiting Washington this weekend. Obviously if he gets an offer, we lost. Offers from Montana, Air Force, NDSU, Northern Arizona. Visited us on 10/29. 20% chance. I haven't heard much. If those schools all want him, and he is visiting UW....he can play. Would be a good get obviously.
    Jeremy Timpf: Arizona LB. Deciding between offers from SDSU, Army and NDSU. Has visited both Dakota Schools. I like those odds. 75%.
    Kyle Hughes: 2 star MN Athlete: Longtime verbal of Eastern Michigan. Decommitted and on 1/21 a rivals article listed us as one of five schools that have shown interest. I wonder that if we lost Brantly to Boise tonight, if he wasn't our next option at corner? Looks like an impressive athlete. 20? no clue.
    Ryan Glasgow: Illinois Offensive LIneman: 4 Mo Valley offers as well as Wyoming. I have no idea on him. Preferred Walk on at Michigan, Northwestern and Vandy as well as options in the Ivy League. Since we haven't heard much, my guess is slim. 10%.

Overall, I would be THRILLED if we kept the entire class of current verbals, landed the in state kids and Sam Hahn that visited this weekend, and were able to win some late battles. Horne would be the class of the class in my opinion. I would really like to keep getting those tough linebackers/defensive end kids and we have a few of those hanging out there.

I am very impressed with the class so far. We must close strong and make this a great class. We have won a lot of battles, added some great WR's which was critical and alot of depth. Will be interesting what we hear between now and Wednesday.
    Great summary. Thanks! This is an exciting time to be a Bison fan. There seems to be more uncertainty going into signing day than there has been the last couple years, but at least some of that is because the staff is aiming high. Really hope we get Dinwiddie. He looks like a kid who can make game changing plays. I agree with Ming that we need another offensive lineman and Lechler appears to be next in line.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Forgot about Hahn. I love those offensive linemen with basketball backgrounds.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Marcus Horne to Michigan State per some tweets. Be interesting to see how some of these gray shirts turn out, he might have been on scholarship right away, not sure.

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Marcus Horne to Michigan State per some tweets. Be interesting to see how some of these gray shirts turn out, he might have been on scholarship right away, not sure.
    He committed today,and it sucks............................ http://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Horne-7385

I would say iffy on warren or pierce. One of them probably goes but if we keep both Ill be happy. Michigan State offered Horne. No biggie. Good running backs are a dime a dozen and I like the Juco kid who is brothers with Deshawn. Same with Jacob Davis... Ill say decent chance.

The only downer is losing those 2 huge olineman to the Wabbits and Lauer to a bullshit greyshirt offer that will have him in a situation similar to Dinwiddies brother who had a greyshirt offer at KSU and they screwed hin and its going to cost him a year worth of tuition.... but I think we have proven we can develop lineman. I think Liechler will be a stud. No way we dont sign him. Team him up with the 6-7 Plankers and were set at tackle. Basketball means hes obviously athletic for a big dude. The kid from Nebraska? I like the size

Calvin Thomas - doubtful
    McMakin - we already have 2 DEs with Chuks and Pierce wonder if he slipped to a plan b? I would love to snag 3 of these guys.
    Glasgow - no chance
    Orsino - doubtful
    Timph - gut feeling but I like the chances

We should have 18-20 scholaeships. Right now were at 13 add the Juco RB and Liechert, were at 15. I say at best we get 2 guys off the list. Lets say Timph and McMakin. Maybe Arp as a partial? That would only leave 1 or 2 surprises but odds are we lose at least 1 tii

Cbs Hughes or Brantley would be awesome. Hughes decommitted to West Michael. Brantley is big. Tarkington would be good at safety.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-30-2012 at 04:43 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com