Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 JC transfer Deveon DinWiddie RB

Default Re: 2013 JC transfer Deveon DinWiddie RB

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Can u redshift at a CC?
    Yes you can redshirt at a CC.

According to the greyshirt rule...he would start his 5-year clock this coming fall. Does he lose a year by attending NDSU rather than K-State?

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    According to the greyshirt rule...he would start his 5-year clock this coming fall. Does he lose a year by attending NDSU rather than K-State?
    He went the JUCO route, CA, and played a year on the field there (including his first year where he didn't set foot on the field). That means his eligibility isn't lost by coming to NDSU at the conclusion of his two years with his JUCO team. If he redshirted two years, it remains two years off his five-year maximum with the redshirt included. As I understand it he'd be entering NDSU as a redshirted-sophomore, so he'd have three years to play for us and can't redshirt.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Remember that Flanders from SHSU was also a K-state commit at one time and will be a force for a couple more years.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    question for the greyshirt experts. deveon didnt play in 2010 and did at the CC in 2011. does that make him a true soph next year or a redshirt soph? if he lost his redshirt due to greyshirt then that is anothet horrible reason to greyshirt.
    He will be a Redshirt Soph. next season, he has 3 years left to play. A greyshirt and a redshirt are very different things, a redshirt is your are a fulltime enrolled student, on scholarship or paying your own dime, your 5 years to play 4 years eligibility clock has started, you are a member of the team. A greyshirt is putting off your full time enrollment, since your eligibility clock doesn't start until you enroll full time, you go to school part time, pay your own dime, and are not a listed member of the team, this is for your 1st semester (Fall), spring semester you are enrolled fulltime, you scholarship kicks in, you play spring ball, and your scholarship doesn't count against the cap until spring.
    "We will win games with talent, but we will win Championships with Character" - Jimbo Fisher - Florida St. H.C.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Can u redshift at a CC?
    Yes you can redshirt at a JC...happens more often than you would think, most often when a recruit is a sign and place...allows the kid to still have 3 years of eligibility left when he transfers.
    "We will win games with talent, but we will win Championships with Character" - Jimbo Fisher - Florida St. H.C.

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    He went the JUCO route, CA, and played a year on the field there (including his first year where he didn't set foot on the field). That means his eligibility isn't lost by coming to NDSU at the conclusion of his two years with his JUCO team. If he redshirted two years, it remains two years off his five-year maximum with the redshirt included. As I understand it he'd be entering NDSU as a redshirted-sophomore, so he'd have three years to play for us and can't redshirt.
    Thanks Dj. This kind of thing isn't exactly a strength of mine. Even if I read about it, sometimes it doesn't compute. So we've got him for 3 years if things work out. We need big talent & depth at RB. There's plenty of room. It would be great if one of the new guys could break out as a monster 'feature back.' A real horse, per se. Nothing against DJ, Ojuri, Paschall, Roehl, or anybody. They were all great...including a list of about 30 others we've had.

IMO...Ojuri broke out this past season. I hope that he works his ass off and gets a little stronger & quicker. No Sam...no championship...imo. He was the perfect changeup for DJ.

I'm starting to think that DJ could possibly find a home in the NFL. His receiving ability is special...and he can run between the tackles much better than his physique would indicate. He'll have to get stronger. I saw online (CBSSports.com...er something like that) that they rate him as the 36th best back in the draft. I'd put him higher because of his awesome pass catching & running ability after the catch. As someone else mentioned, a Chester Taylor (Vikes...right name?) type of back...but maybe better after the catch. Who knows...with the NFL being so damned quick & physical. I'm praying that DJ gets a shot with a team that will give him a real chance. I will never lose the video in my head of DJ running for the touchdown in the championship game. His running style is so damned exciting...kinda fancy...but still downhill. I've called it slithering. He slithers through holes, and then gets physical near the end of the run.

Anyway...I'm really excited about Deveon after watching his videos.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

ISXBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Since it is being reported in the Foolem...Was it an ESPN report or a Bisonville report

Hutchinson Community College running back Deveon Dinwiddie has verbally committed to the North Dakota State football team, according to an ESPN.com report.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article...roup/homepage/

Quote Originally Posted by ISXBISON View Post
    Since it is being reported in the Foolem...Was it an ESPN report or a Bisonville report

Hutchinson Community College running back Deveon Dinwiddie has verbally committed to the North Dakota State football team, according to an ESPN.com report.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article...roup/homepage/
    its a espn report, but ur point is valid. without it being posted on BV, it would have never been noticed by fargo media

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Welcome aboard Deveon!

Anybody got a count on broken ankles in that highlight vid? My Oh My.