Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ranking of FCS Coaches

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Ranking of FCS Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    I'd like to see the formula used to get that index. It must use the rankings by category rather than the numerical values that determined the rankings in the first place.
    I agree. Any formula that doesn't take into account playoff appearances, wins in the playoffs, etc., it flawed in my opinion.

Besides that, how updated is the information? It has Craig in at 7 years, he just finished his 9th.

The only ranking that matters is the team's ranking...which makes Craig Bohl the best coach in the FCS this year.

It's really not that complicated. If a coach hasn't recruited well...then he hasn't coached very well.

If he hasn't been at a school long enough to recruit his players...then he doesn't deserve a ranking yet.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I agree. Any formula that doesn't take into account playoff appearances, wins in the playoffs, etc., it flawed in my opinion.

Besides that, how updated is the information? It has Craig in at 7 years, he just finished his 9th.
    He was a DII coach for two of those years.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

On a somewhat related note, SN Craig Haley has a recent column that Keeler from Delaware may be on Rutgers radar to replace Schiano as HC. Keeler's weakness is that he has never coached at all at the FBS level.

Haley also mentions a few other FCS coaches that should be considered for FBS jobs, obviously Bohl is one of them, mentioning his extensive FBS experience.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...1_26_2012b.htm