Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recruiting Home stretch

Default Re: Recruiting Home stretch

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    We definitely need a big time RB. Need a RB recruit every year. Until I see an official release from the athletic office that he is eligible, I am not counting my chickens before the eggs have hatched, unlike most of you.
    Agreed - I'm cautiously hopeful that Crockett will be eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    We definitely need a big time RB. Need a RB recruit every year. Until I see an official release from the athletic office that he is eligible, I am not counting my chickens before the eggs have hatched, unlike most of you.
    Maybe Jones is most likely to be this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    The theory that playing into January and being behind every other school has apparently not hurt recruiting like some (Kolpack) thought it might. The coaches kept in contact with these recruits and I'm sure the "We would like to come out and talk to you but are busy preparing for a national title game" excuse was helpful. I expect this class will be solid. The epectations now are not to win our first fcs title like it has been. It is to maintain NDSU as a national power and bring home more titles. When every guy in the lockerroom but you and your fellow true freshman are the only ones not allowed in the champions room, that should motivate you.
    I think that recruiting is interesting after a national championship. I don't believe that winning the national championship will have much of an effect on our recruiting in a positive or a negative way. If winning a national championship meant that you would get all of the best recruits, dynasties would be more prevalent. In reality we rarely see the same team on top for very long at any level of football.

The only situation I have knowledge of the recruiting class following a national championship is UND winning the national championship in '01 and then following up with the recruiting class that winter.

Following UND winning the national championship in '01, NDSU absolutely mopped up in the state of ND with all of the best recruits. The only player NDSU didn't get out of ND that year that they wanted was Steve Brennan. Since his brother was already on the team at UND, we most likely never had a chance at him anyway. They had just won the national championship and couldn't even get the best players out of their home state.

The point is, one year of dominance is not going to change a whole lot in terms of where a kid wants to spend the next 4 years of his life, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison06 View Post
    I think that recruiting is interesting after a national championship. I don't believe that winning the national championship will have much of an effect on our recruiting in a positive or a negative way. If winning a national championship meant that you would get all of the best recruits, dynasties would be more prevalent. In reality we rarely see the same team on top for very long at any level of football.

The only situation I have knowledge of the recruiting class following a national championship is UND winning the national championship in '01 and then following up with the recruiting class that winter.

Following UND winning the national championship in '01, NDSU absolutely mopped up in the state of ND with all of the best recruits. The only player NDSU didn't get out of ND that year that they wanted was Steve Brennan. Since his brother was already on the team at UND, we most likely never had a chance at him anyway. They had just won the national championship and couldn't even get the best players out of their home state.

The point is, one year of dominance is not going to change a whole lot in terms of where a kid wants to spend the next 4 years of his life, IMO.
    IMO, this year will not see the benefits of winning the NC, most recruits for the 2012 class already had a pretty good idea of where they wanted to go, had relationships built with other coaching staffs, or even knew which schools they were most interested in by January 7th. It will help with 2013 and beyond though...most 2013 recruits are still in the information gather stage of the process, very few have their minds made up on someplace already, the opposite of a 2012 recruit.
    "We will win games with talent, but we will win Championships with Character" - Jimbo Fisher - Florida St. H.C.