Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Home stretch

Default Recruiting Home stretch

Here's some info on the final days of recruiting:

November 27, 2011, through January 28, 2012 — Contact Period (except for the following periods listed below).

December 18 — Quiet Period.
    December 19 — January 3 — Dead Period
    January 8 — Quiet Period.
    January 9 — January 12 — Dead Period
    January 29 — Quiet Period.
    January 30 — through February 2 — Dead Period.
    February 1, 2012 -- National Signing Day runs through April 1, 2012.

Contact Period — It's permissible for authorized athletic department staff members to make in-person and off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations. College coaches are allowed to visit recruits off–campus (at their high school or home). Coaches can make only one visit per week to individual recruits and are permitted to make one phone call per week to a recruit during this period.

Quiet Period — Recruits can visit with college coaches but only at those college campuses. Also, during the month of September, October or November coaches are permitted to make one in-person off-campus visit to a recruit (at their high schools or at an athletic event) (colleges are allowed a total of 42 days of evaluation time during this period).

Dead Period — Coaches are not permitted to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off-campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by recruits or to make phone calls to recruits.

Evaluation Period — It's permissible for authorized athletics department staff to be involved in off-campus activities to assess academic qualifications and playing abilities. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts with a prospect are permitted during these evaluations: the college coaches are only allowed to attend athletic events and/or the prospect's school and talk to the high school coaches and school administrators but they are not allowed to speak to the recuit during one of thes visits except to say "hello." Colleges are allowed a total of approximatley 168 days each year to conduct evaluations for all of their prospective recruits.

I'd like to see another LB, CB, and RB. With some good walk-on's
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Default Re: Recruiting Home stretch

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Here's some info on the final days of recruiting:

November 27, 2011, through January 28, 2012 — Contact Period (except for the following periods listed below).

December 18 — Quiet Period.
    December 19 — January 3 — Dead Period
    January 8 — Quiet Period.
    January 9 — January 12 — Dead Period
    January 29 — Quiet Period.
    January 30 — through February 2 — Dead Period.
    February 1, 2012 -- National Signing Day runs through April 1, 2012.

Contact Period — It's permissible for authorized athletic department staff members to make in-person and off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations. College coaches are allowed to visit recruits off–campus (at their high school or home). Coaches can make only one visit per week to individual recruits and are permitted to make one phone call per week to a recruit during this period.

Quiet Period — Recruits can visit with college coaches but only at those college campuses. Also, during the month of September, October or November coaches are permitted to make one in-person off-campus visit to a recruit (at their high schools or at an athletic event) (colleges are allowed a total of 42 days of evaluation time during this period).

Dead Period — Coaches are not permitted to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off-campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by recruits or to make phone calls to recruits.

Evaluation Period — It's permissible for authorized athletics department staff to be involved in off-campus activities to assess academic qualifications and playing abilities. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts with a prospect are permitted during these evaluations: the college coaches are only allowed to attend athletic events and/or the prospect's school and talk to the high school coaches and school administrators but they are not allowed to speak to the recuit during one of thes visits except to say "hello." Colleges are allowed a total of approximatley 168 days each year to conduct evaluations for all of their prospective recruits.

I'd like to see another LB, CB, and RB. With some good walk-on's
    I would like to see Arp, Lechler, OL, RB

Any speculation on who could be a surprise? Seems every year we get a couple kids that nobody really heard of....
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Any speculation on who could be a surprise? Seems every year we get a couple kids that nobody really heard of....
    Hopefully a RB

I'm not too worried about a RB. Apparently we have Ojuri, Lang, Jones and Crockett. I'd like to see a "change of pace" back like a Darren Sproles clone.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

The theory that playing into January and being behind every other school has apparently not hurt recruiting like some (Kolpack) thought it might. The coaches kept in contact with these recruits and I'm sure the "We would like to come out and talk to you but are busy preparing for a national title game" excuse was helpful. I expect this class will be solid. The epectations now are not to win our first fcs title like it has been. It is to maintain NDSU as a national power and bring home more titles. When every guy in the lockerroom but you and your fellow true freshman are the only ones not allowed in the champions room, that should motivate you.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Perfect finish would be Lechler. Want to see DE McMakin and LB Jacob Davis out of Kansas. Calvin Thomas and Timph out of Arizona. Thomas is visiting Washington Saturday. For corners I want either Brantley or Hughes. Walk in Arp and Larson. If you cant get McMakin or Thomas get the best available running back.

that would set our dline with Pierce, McMakin, Amaechi, Farnloff, and Thomas.
    OL - Massive size with the 6-7 Lechler and Plankers plus Zack Johnson.
    WR is over the top good with Warren, Gray, and Woods
    LB- Stumph is a great get and Zach Riopelle has the speed. Jacob Davis is a big middle lb w speed. Timph is silid

overall that would be an amazing group. Another group of future national champions
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-27-2012 at 05:52 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I'm not too worried about a RB. Apparently we have Ojuri, Lang, Jones and Crockett. I'd like to see a "change of pace" back like a Darren Sproles clone.
    This is where Sigers should have fit in.....

Do we have one RB that can run, block, catch the screen out of the backfield, occasionally lineup at WR like McNorton? Can Crockett be that or is he too small?

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We definitely need a big time RB. Need a RB recruit every year. Until I see an official release from the athletic office that he is eligible, I am not counting my chickens before the eggs have hatched, unlike most of you.