Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Senior: D.J. McNorton

Default 2011 Senior: D.J. McNorton

D.J. McNorton's career highlight film will be so long that it'll need an intermission. When he came in, there were plenty of people who doubted his size and ability to withstand the physical nature of the MVFC.

Once D.J, got to NDSU, he played behind Roehl and/or Pat Paschall for two years before exploding his junior year for 1559 yards rushing and 2019 all-purpose yards (that last bit is an NDSU record.)

Then his senior year, as a preseason All-American, he split carries evenly with Sam Ojuri.

3rd string, linebacker(!?!) starter, then splitting his carries - DJ always seemed to be putting the team first. If there is a common theme with the 2011 team, it is that they were a team first - no pouty prima donnas at all ('least not that I could see.) Nobody exemplified the team-first attitude better than DJ McNorton and Matt Voigtlander.

Can't even pick his biggest play. Was it the "he-will-not-be-denied" 60-yard TD run that broke JMU? Was it the 39-yard total-team-effort middle screen TD in the National Championship game?

His biggest game was probably the road playoff game against Montana State where he set NDSU records for most rushing yards and TDs in a postseason game (207 yards, 4 TDs.)

As far as I'm concerned. D.J. is everything you could ask for in a student-athlete.

Default Re: 2011 Senior: D.J. McNorton

This year, his HE WILL NOT BE DENIED td was baller. Last year, his entire game against USD was a thing of beauty.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

NFL material?? I think so

Quote Originally Posted by NDstateBison81 View Post
    I always felt good when the ball was in his hands! Did he always make a big play? No. Was the potential and sheer desire there for him to do so?! He'll yes!!

I will wait patiently for another player I can feel that way about. A threat to score from anywhere . . .

I have seen him play so much I feel like he is a friend, yet I don't even know the man personally!!

Thanks, DJ, thanks indeed!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I have seen him play so much I feel like he is a friend, yet I don't even know the man personally!!Thanks, DJ, thanks indeed!!
    I remember arguing with fellow Bison fans at lunch about his potential....when I was a JR in high school! Seems like so long ago. I will miss him a lot. When I am old like you guys and have a tailgating rig (its an inevitability), DJ will be welcome to stop by, and my kids better damn well know who he is.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.

I thought he was a "dancer" at first but damn did he prove me wrong. Also with everything he went through, it's very inspiring

BRING BACK SNORTY

DJ is the most complete back we have ever had. First off he was great at blitz protection. He could make you miss or run you over. But what set him apart was his ability as a receiver. On top of that he was a solid return man and even played linebacker. He really showed up for the big games. Watching a punt return in '09 I knew he was going to be special but it was the South Dakota game last year that I knew he had arrived. He will be missed!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    I thought he was a "dancer" at first but damn did he prove me wrong. Also with everything he went through, it's very inspiring
    Up until the last game...my Dad always found a carry every single game to send me a text about "dancin" DJ. I can only wish he was as healthy as his Junior year. We can all agree he was a beast last year. He ran hard...yet danced almost at the same time. We saw it a bit later once he got healthy on a couple of runs. The JMU run was BEAST. He had a couple of nice runs against GSU as well.

I remember showing his high school highlights to some members of my family. They basically said..."he'll never make it at NDSU." I replied by saying that he'll be an All-American before he's done. Let's see guys (message to family)...wonder who got the closest?...

DJ...thanks for everything. You were better than an All-American. You gave your talent to the team.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by NDstateBison81 View Post

i see him in the mold of Chester Taylor with the Vikings. Great 3rd down back with starting ability.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com