Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Not a Game Day Thread- IPFW

Default Re: Not a Game Day Thread- IPFW

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I guess I just don't understand the lack of depth. Is it for foul issues, because if it is I think they need to teach the players how to play with 3 or 4 fouls. Alot of programs will play only 1 or 2 bigs throughout the game if that's all they have. We have 4 legitimate "bigs" we can play for size/skill/rebounding between Aaberg, Marshall, Carlson, and Wright. You are probably right with the style of defense, but then we get killed on the offensive side of the rebounds.

I guess I just don't see any reason why Marshall and Aaberg cannot log 27-32 minutes a game each if it's a situation where we need size and rebounding. Not every game but there are a couple that make me very curious.

If it's a style of defense, than IMO Saul needs to recruit more 3-4's, because I do not see where the issue is with the lack of depths with bigs.
    Well fouls are an issue, Marshall got into foul trouble early against IPFW so obviously he had to sit. I think our style of defense also makes them prone to more fouls. We did have have the right amount of depth to start the season but Andy didn't take care of business in the classroom and Carlson broke his jaw. Right now Saul has recruited a glut of 3-4s...Kading(redshirt), VandenBergh and Werner.

It will be interesting to see what type of player coach can recruit for next year with andys scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Well fouls are an issue, Marshall got into foul trouble early against IPFW so obviously he had to sit. I think our style of defense also makes them prone to more fouls. We did have have the right amount of depth to start the season but Andy didn't take care of business in the classroom and Carlson broke his jaw. Right now Saul has recruited a glut of 3-4s...Kading(redshirt), VandenBergh and Werner.
    Carlson has looked good and healthy for quite some time now. And with his youth movement coach probably wouldn't have played andy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonSD View Post
    Carlson has looked good and healthy for quite some time now. And with his youth movement coach probably wouldn't have played andy anyway.
    Carlson is healthy but he is out of sync with everything due to missing so much time, he would have had a much bigger impact had he never gotten hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    ..... due to missing so much time, he would have had a much bigger impact had he never gotten hurt.
    And he would have had a bigger impact if coach would have played him at least 15 minutes a game when he did get healthy. I'm not saying we need him to start - but you can't expect him to impact a game when he's only getting a couple of minutes a game for a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    LA has regressed imo, probably confidence. Hopefully he gets it back and soon.
    he had a good night last night

From what I saw I thought both la and felt looked pretty good last night.