Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Soccer Head Coach - Mark Cook

Default New Soccer Head Coach - Mark Cook

I'm really glad to see NDSU has selected their new soccer coach - Mark Cook from MTA Academy. Mark is a stand-up guy with great success at the club level. I hope that success translates to the DI level. It's a good sign that Lynn Dorn was able to conclude this in a timely fashion so the team can start moving forward again. Enough uncertainty - now to replace Coach Ross...

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: New Soccer Head Coach - Mark Cook

Looks like a great hire actually.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    Looks like a great hire actually.
    I have mixed feelings. I believe that John wanted the job over the NIU job but wasnt given a chance at it. Also would BB ever hire an AAU coach, I don't think so. Obiviously Mark will have recruiting ties but no college experience worries me.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsoccerfan View Post
    I have mixed feelings. I believe that John wanted the job over the NIU job but wasnt given a chance at it. Also would BB ever hire an AAU coach, I don't think so. Obiviously Mark will have recruiting ties but no college experience worries me.
    Yea, true, will have to wait and see. The background on paper is probably more extensive than most traditional "coaches" will ever have so that's an interesting perspective on it.

Yes John wanted the job and was told he wasn't getting it. i am not impressed. This guy puts it on Facebook last night before he is officially introduced today. What quality D1 coaches did we look at before we had to move on to a coach with ZERO college experience. NDSU is getting blasted on soccer blogs and websites for this hire.

@D1herewecome. Can you link some of those blogs and websites. I'm curious to read into this a bit more. Thanks

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Welcome aboard, Mark Cook!

Quote Originally Posted by TILIS-BisonFan View Post
    @D1herewecome. Can you link some of those blogs and websites. I'm curious to read into this a bit more. Thanks
    Yeah, I'd be curious to read some of them too.

from a forum

Originally Posted by Why Not!

What's more or a surprise is that he wouldn't stay to take the full reigns of NDSU? I have no idea who was in the pool for NIU, but Morris20 seems to!

Not sure they want their names out there but I know of 1 summit league head coach, 1 MAC head coach, 2 Big 10 assistant coaches, and 1 assistant at a national champion Midwestern school . None of which Was even called....

also posted by why not

Soccerhunter...I do not disagree....your point would stand true for every D II or D III coach in America (and at least they have some recruiting experience)....but the position was only open "officially" for 48 hours! This was a done deal at least a week or possibly two ago. Hell, hire whoever you want, but don't make a farce of the hiring process even more than most already do.

Seems they hired the right guy to rebuild quickly...no less than 4 MN Thunder players have committed to NDSU....maybe a coincidence?

followed by

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit here, but I would think it is possible they already had a short list ready before Cuadrado left. Anyone could see he would get lured away in the next season or two given the success he's had there. Don't know how their AD normally does things, but it's possible he knew in the next year or two he would be searching for a new coach and already had enough of a report on this new guy to be sold on him (for whatever reasons) before Cuadrado even left.

Also helps that he's from what seems to be NDSU's most fertile recruiting area - Minnesota - and based on the kids and their accolades that have come out of his club the past four years, seems to do an OK job of guiding D1 level talent. Pretty solid group of kids and schools they were accepted to.

But then again, maybe I'm giving them too much credit and it was something completely different that led to the quick hire.
    Last edited by TILIS-BisonFan; 01-27-2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: the bold is my text the rest is copied and pasted

Looks like an inside job-->which NDSU is known for!! Lynn Dorn overdone her welcome??!! Consider WBB program.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.