Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing the FBS

Default Re: Playing the FBS

[QUOTE=mhyer63;600309]
    Quote Originally Posted by ISXBISON View Post
    Hammer just said during sports that Oklahoma has called twice and Pittsburgh once about scheduling us this fall. Turned down because we have our FBS game.[/QUOTE

I know, what's up with that, he said that we told them that our FBS games were full, why would we not take them up on one of those games? .To the best of my knowledge we have played two FBS schools in a year before. Got to admit it makes me wonder why when we have an open date that we would not take them up on an invite. Is there a chance that we are looking for a home game and that is why we declined??????
    We do want another home game. Two good FBS games arent in our best interest when you want to go to the playoffs. When we played two FBS before we were in transition and had nothing to lose. MN and Central Mich arent exactly Oklahoma or Pitt.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

[QUOTE=56BISON73;600371]
    Quote Originally Posted by mhyer63 View Post

We do want another home game. Two good FBS games arent in our best interest when you want to go to the playoffs. When we played two FBS before we were in transition and had nothing to lose.
    Blah blah blah.........

Quote Originally Posted by ISXBISON View Post
    Hammer just said during sports that Oklahoma has called twice and Pittsburgh once about scheduling us this fall. Turned down because we have our FBS game.
    GT has a system to his madness and after a NC I aint gonna argue with it. I will however never say again this program will play any college team anywhere.
    fun debate though that is for sure
    Last edited by SamsRams; 02-03-2012 at 07:13 AM.

This would be my dream game. Did my MS at Pitt. I am not sure what they are going to be like next year, but end of the year this year NDSU would have definitely beat them. Terrible QB and a let down at 2nd RB with Ray Graham going down. I would have absolutely traveled to Pittsburgh for this. Hopefully sometime in the future.
    Naughty by nature...not cause I hate ya.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have no problem turning down a game especially when we've already got our FBS game. We are not going to play 2 FBS teams in one season so that would mean buying our way out of a contract and do we really want to turn into one of those teams?? Plus I want home playoff games and my guess is that if we were 9-2 and those losses were FBS we would not host throughout most seasons. One for a money game and a great chance at a win is more than enough in my opinion as I want to go back to Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I have no problem turning down a game especially when we've already got our FBS game. We are not going to play 2 FBS teams in one season so that would mean buying our way out of a contract and do we really want to turn into one of those teams?? Plus I want home playoff games and my guess is that if we were 9-2 and those losses were FBS we would not host throughout most seasons. One for a money game and a great chance at a win is more than enough in my opinion as I want to go back to Frisco.
    lets not forget the fact that if they did schedule Pitt the lineup would read CSU, Pitt, bye week, UNI and all on the road

Quote Originally Posted by G-city Bison Fan View Post
    This would be my dream game. Did my MS at Pitt. I am not sure what they are going to be like next year, but end of the year this year NDSU would have definitely beat them. Terrible QB and a let down at 2nd RB with Ray Graham going down. I would have absolutely traveled to Pittsburgh for this. Hopefully sometime in the future.
    If we play Pitt, I won't complain. Always good to go to the Keith Stone State.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    LOL! So the letters and various other characters that make up words and ideas posted by people in the thread, somehow they disassociate themselves with the people who posted them and take on an identity all their own that is mentally slow... Wow!

Yeah you're right, that isn't rocket science. Actually, not even science at all, it's MAGICAL!

Great point arguing that words don't really define what they are. Are you going to try and argue "awesome" is equivalent to "moronic" as well?

Someday maybe you'll understand when someone is talking about a thread, they aren't really talking about horses.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    re-posting this, because it's awesome.
    By "awesome" you must mean "moronic"!

I kid I kid, sorry I couldn't resist.

I would love to see Oklahoma. Make a statement and compete. we want FBS someday anyways let's see what it's all about, from the atmosphere to the best of the competition. it isn't going to make or break our playoffs anyways, I firmly believe the proram is in a state where we are now reloading for another conference run anyways with Bohl at the helm, the last few recruiting classes and where our recrutiing seems to be going.