Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Capital One Cup

Default Re: Capital One Cup

Craig Bohl cares....just see the interview with the ESPN gal right after the big win. So ...ESPN has already been told once. Oh wait...twice...they did put up the Sioux logo at the beginning of the softball game last year.

I wonder why they haven't circulated an interoffice memo providing everyone with the correct info?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Craig Bohl cares....just see the interview with the ESPN gal right after the big win. So ...ESPN has already been told once. Oh wait...twice...they did put up the Sioux logo at the beginning of the softball game last year.

I wonder why they haven't circulated an interoffice memo providing everyone with the correct info?
    Confusing on how the undisputed king of sports coverage can make the mistake time and time again.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I guess they think "North Dakota" beat "Texas" for the FCS championship.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    We did finish 91st in the Director's Cup last year which is 15th-highest for schools that are in the FCS or do not have a football team.
    http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...inald12011.pdf

Eight of the FCS teams ahead of NDSU are in the Ivy League who tend to have well-funded athletic teams.
    The ivy's rack up points in things like rowing and squash, not the sports we are competing in. Villanova or maybe UNI are the only FCS non ivys that would have a shot at winning this imo. Of course UNI would have to learn how to win a title.

It seems like other than football, all of NDSU's awesome athlete's are girls. Track softball and golf would all be capable of winning points. Volleyball and soccer would be in a really good year.

I just don't see much other than football getting points for the men, maybe wrestling or track?
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

During the Creighton basketball game this afternoon there was an advertisement for the Capital One Cup, and they showed a short video clip of the trophy presentation in Frisco, along with highlights from other schools. Then they showed a chart with us tied for the lead.

I was curious as to how the points were awarded, so I checked their website. NDSU currently has 60 points. For major sports such as football, basketball, and lacrosse?, 60 points are awarded for first place. For non-major sports such as rifle, fencing, and hockey, 20 points are awarded for first place.

533 In a row

BE HERD is offline Junior Member New User (or just very quiet)

Capital One Cup commercial was aired on ESPN2 last night during the Xavier/Temple mens basketball game. Our shot of the team with the trophy and confetti flying was awesome! Great exposure for the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    During the Creighton basketball game this afternoon there was an advertisement for the Capital One Cup, and they showed a short video clip of the trophy presentation in Frisco, along with highlights from other schools. Then they showed a chart with us tied for the lead.

I was curious as to how the points were awarded, so I checked their website. NDSU currently has 60 points. For major sports such as football, basketball, and lacrosse?, 60 points are awarded for first place. For non-major sports such as rifle, fencing, and hockey, 20 points are awarded for first place.
    Well, there's your hole in credibility there Mr. Capitol One!....................
    Hockey, a non-major sport?!?!?!?!
    ButtBlasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE HERD is offline Junior Member New User (or just very quiet)

I was able to back up the footage and pause it on my DVR. Here is the breakdown of the Mens Cup Standings as last night:
    1. Alabama
    1. North Carolina
    1. North Dakota State
    4. Oklahoma State
    5. UCLA
    6. LSU
    6. Sam Houston State
    6. UNC-Charlotte
    9. Georgia Southern
    10. Stanford

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post

lacrosse > (rifle | fencing | hockey)

Got it.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    lacrosse > (rifle | fencing | hockey)

Got it.
    Don't forget soccer, thats why UNC is tied with us.

FBS champion, FCS champion, Soccer champion.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21