Thread: Capital One Cup

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Capital One Cup

I thought this had been mentioned here but I can't find anything with a search. After the Fall sports season, NDSU is tied with Alabama and UNC in the men's standings for the Capital One Cup. It wasn't something I thought would be worth getting too excited about because it's a marketing gimic by a sponsor and most people probably won't care about it unless their team was near the top.

I have heard a lot of ads about it though and this morning one had a voice-over by Mike Greenburg during the Mike and Mike Show. He mentioned the current leaders as "Alabama, North Dakota, and North Carolina" in a tie. Uggh!! They get credit again something we did. I'm curious to hear if it gets corrected in future ads.

Here are the current standings.

http://www.capitalonecup.com/standings

Default Re: Capital One Cup

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I thought this had been mentioned here but I can't find anything with a search. After the Fall sports season, NDSU is tied with Alabama and UNC in the men's standings for the Capital One Cup. It wasn't something I thought would be worth getting too excited about because it's a marketing gimic by a sponsor and most people probably won't care about it unless their team was near the top.

I have heard a lot of ads about it though and this morning one had a voice-over by Mike Greenburg during the Mike and Mike Show. He mentioned the current leaders as "Alabama, North Dakota, and North Carolina" in a tie. Uggh!! They get credit again something we did. I'm curious to hear if it gets corrected in future ads.

Nope. Not corrected. Don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

Greeny is a loves-to-hear-his-own-voice douche anyway!!! I can not even listen to that show because he never shuts TFU!!!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

This is a commercial running on ESPN Radio. Greeny is just reading the ad copy. I'd say there is zero chance of them going to the trouble to re-record it.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    This is a commercial running on ESPN Radio. Greeny is just reading the ad copy. I'd say there is zero chance of them going to the trouble to re-record it.
    I send an email to him everytime I hear the commercial at work. He's such a detail guy I rip him for not knowing the difference between ND and NDSU. Go into deal about the Who? Its a nice email I've sent it 32 times in 2 weeks now.

I just heard the commercial. It HAS been corrected. I take back any negative thoughts I had about Greeny.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I just heard the commercial. It HAS been corrected. I take back any negative thoughts I had about Greeny.
    I figured it would only take time before the emails about HIM being wrong would cause the correction to take place.