Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW BIG IS THIS GAME?? marketing wise...

Default HOW BIG IS THIS GAME?? marketing wise...

I just got back from Detroit Lakes/Perham volleyball game on a tuesday night.

I saw 10 different people wearing NDSU sweaters (parent types) not to mention quite a few HS kids.

Anyways, I went out of my way to talk to all those parents.

7 out of 10 are GOING to the game, 2 are going to sit in SUITES.

one guy said "I heard 30,000 tickets were sold to North Dakota zip codes ( NO way this is correct, IS IT??)"

My point is, Im at a freakin HS volleyball game, and the NDSU/Minnesota game is ALL the talk.. simply amazing.

Way to go NDSU!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: HOW BIG IS THIS GAME?? marketing wise...

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison

I saw 10 different people wearing NDSU sweaters (parent types) *not to mention quite a few HS kids.

one guy said "I heard 30,000 tickets were sold to North Dakota zip codes ( NO way this is correct, IS IT??)"

My point is, *Im at a freakin HS volleyball game, and the NDSU/Minnesota game is ALL the talk.. simply amazing.

Way to go NDSU!!! *KEEP IT UP!!!!
    It would be interesting to hear from Bison fans around the world (yes, world) as to how they will be listening to the game. Regardless of outcome, this is indeed a BIG DEAL.

jzillmer Guest

I saw 10 different people wearing NDSU sweaters (parent types) *not to mention quite a few HS kids.

My point is, *Im at a freakin HS volleyball game, and the NDSU/Minnesota game is ALL the talk.. simply amazing.

Way to go NDSU!!! *KEEP IT UP!!!!
    I would say that is easily, even before it happens, one of the top 3 or 4 regular season games the BISON have played or will ever play.

chuckles is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

ok now i know this is getting really bad BUT...today on the Price is Right in about the second row of seating were two people with NDSU Bison apparel on. Everytime someone would "Come on Down" the cameras would go in their direction and you could see their Bison shirts....

Pioneer press's article today quoted Sherri Schmidt of alumni???

saying Bison fans flying in from Amsterdam, NY, LA, Texas, etc etc.

I know Scott Lipp from New York will be there.

My 2 uncles from Houston and Boston respectively are flying up for this weekend.. (hunting and Bison/Gophers!!!)

I have 2 IOWA booster friends from Indianola Iowa sitting a section next to us!!! 136 and 139... how ironic is that!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckles
    ok now i know this is getting really bad BUT...today on the Price is Right in about the second row of seating were two people with NDSU Bison apparel on. Everytime someone would "Come on Down" the cameras would go in their direction and you could see their Bison shirts....

That is freaking halarious! I love Bob!

insane_ponderer Guest

Pioneer press's article today quoted Sherri Schmidt of alumni???

saying Bison fans flying in from Amsterdam, NY, LA, Texas, etc etc.

I know Scott Lipp from New York will be there.

My 2 uncles from Houston and Boston respectively are flying up for this weekend.. (hunting and Bison/Gophers!!!)

I have 2 IOWA booster friends from Indianola Iowa sitting a section next to us!!! 136 and 139... how ironic is that!!
    Lakes,

You can add Pittsburgh and Ann Arbor to that list, and whenever I fly anywhere to anywhere for that matter the bison gear is always on.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Marketing wise and media coverage I have to say that this game is the biggest ever. The reason is the length of build-up (week), the media involvement from a major media market (Twin Cities), and fan interest.

What other game in the NDSU history or the state of ND for that matter, would have exceeded the publicity, media coverage, fan talk and attendance than this Bison-Gopher football game??

This game is HUGE.......just look at the volume of posts on this board........

I can't keep up with the posts.
    How much production is being lost 'cuz of us out here during the workday?