Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Play of the 2011-2012 Season

Default Re: Favorite Play of the 2011-2012 Season

Williams INT to seal the Gopher game, seriously it is hard to top that dagger to end a game. From the pick to dive into the endzone it was just epic.

Voigts fake punt vs SHSU, I had been waiting for it all season and when it worked out I just had a feeling that we were going to win that game.

Seeing how I actually got to go to the game...I'm gonna say Brock Jensen's TD run against Georgia Southern.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    The lateral against MN was definately #1 for me.
    Ditto this ^^^^^^^. It happened right in front of where we sit. On the second int, I almost fell over the wall I got so excited.

I have 4 games still on the DVR...(Minn, UNI, GSU, SHSU) Still working on getting them all off and onto Disk. Lots of great memories.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

The fake. I'm retiring my yellow 23 jersey from gamedays because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Williams INT to seal the Gopher game, seriously it is hard to top that dagger to end a game. From the pick to dive into the endzone it was just epic.

Voigts fake punt vs SHSU, I had been waiting for it all season and when it worked out I just had a feeling that we were going to win that game.
    Exactly my thoughts........

These are all great.

I'd also put a vote in the for 3 times our defense turned them over on downs in the championship game. Our defense played great the whole game but their offensive demonstrated an ability to make explosive plays so, to me, ending those drives and taking the ball out of their hands was very important in that final win.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    The fake. I'm retiring my yellow 23 jersey from gamedays because of it.
    Yep...I take it back. That fake could be the top one of we had a poll/vote. Also, Brocks run (while he had the runs) down the sideline vs GSU.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Tough to pick a play of the season when every game had one in my opinion:

Lafayette: Warren Holloway 67 yard TD catch. (Set the tone for the season with a big play).
    St. Francis: Sam Ojuri 95 yard TD run. (Record setting run that showed we have multiple weapons at running back).
    Minnesota: Marcus Williams fumble recovery TD and 40 yard interception return TD. (First one changed the momentum, second one clinched the win).
    Illinois St.: Bobby Ollman 82 yard interception return TD. (Potential 14 point swing as the Redbirds were close to scoring).
    Southern Illinois: Matt Veldman 10 yard TD catch. (Huge score when scores were hard to come by).
    Missouri St.: Marcus Williams 90 yard kickoff return TD. (Untouched the whole way).
    South Dakota State: Ryan Smith 41 yard punt return TD. (The game was over after this play, the bunnies were deflated).
    Northern Iowa: Kyle Emanuel 3 yard fumble recovery TD. (Possibly the loudest I have ever heard the Fargodome).
    Indiana St.: Colter Boyer sack and Chad Wilson fumble recovery. (Resulted in a TD for the Bison that sealed the game).
    Youngstown St.: No game changing plays in this loss. However, this loss strengthened this team to refocus on the goal of an eventual title.
    Western Illinois: Marcus Williams 56 yard interception return TD. (Put the game well out of reach despite a mild comeback by the Leathernecks).
    James Madison: D.J. McNorton 60 yard TD run. (Threw a sweet stiff arm to score this game clinching score).
    Lehigh: Defense pitches a shutout. (Allowing 0 point versus a Peyton Award finalist quarterback).
    Georiga Southern: Brock Jensen 55 yard TD run. (Triple-option was shut down, this option play was not).
    Sam Houston St.: Matt Voitlander fake punt and the resulting in a D.J. McNorton 39 yard TD catch. (Obvious momentum shift, Bison would never give up the lead).
    Last edited by Bison03; 01-20-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Tough to pick a play of the season when every game had one in my opinion:

Youngstown St.: No game changing plays in this loss. However, this loss strengthened this team to refocus on the goal of an eventual title.
    Tranny told me to do this!!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I would have to say its McNortons 60 yard run against JMU in the playoffs........that was the probably the loudest I ever heard the dome. Listening to Scottie Millers radio call after the game you could barley hear him.