Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Play of the 2011-2012 Season

Default Favorite Play of the 2011-2012 Season

I was cleaning up my DVR last night and realized I had 3 NDSU games from the season on it. I started watching the Minnesota game and it got me thinking about just how many awesome plays have took place this year. I wanted to start this thread to have people post their favorites.

My favorite, but I'll probably list then 1a, 1b etc as this thread goes on, is the Heagle intercept/lateral to Williams return for a TD at the end of the half in Minnesota. And the replay is great to watch as Williams scoops up that ball and flys down the sideline. He should some great speed on that return. We just scored to go up by 7 then gave up a big return on the kickoff to where Minnesota had 3 timeouts and the ball at midfield. To me that changed the game. If MN would have gotten even just 3 points there they come out a different team, but that 7 point swing the other way just crushed them.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Default Re: Favorite Play of the 2011-2012 Season

Beck's strip of the UNI RB on their own 3 yard line leading to Emmanuel's scoop for the TD.

The lateral against MN was definately #1 for me.

Ojuri's 99 yard run. Jastram's 53 yarder. Beck's interception against SHSU. Every play Heagle made against Georgia Southern. The fumble into the endzone against UNI. Jemison's tackle on 4th down against GSU near the goal line. The fake punt.

Fake punt in the Championship. We dont know how the game would have turned out if we would have punted that ball away, but that play changed the entire game and got us the momentum we needed to take the game over.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wow there were a lot of plays to choose from. The Heagle int & lateral to MWill for the TD against the Goofs has to be up there. The fake punt and Beck int in the championship are in the consideration as well. But I like the strip by Beck against UNI that lead to the scoop & score by Emanuel. That play and eventual victory showed that we finally have arrived at the FCS level. It was also the loudest moment I have ever heard, barely topping the last second Walker to Heckendorf TD vs SHSU.

Becks INT in the SHSU Game. That was play that sealed the game, the season and the national title.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Beck's strip of the UNI RB on their own 3 yard line leading to Emmanuel's scoop for the TD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Wow there were a lot of plays to choose from. The Heagle int & lateral to MWill for the TD against the Goofs has to be up there. The fake punt and Beck int in the championship are in the consideration as well. But I like the strip by Beck against UNI that lead to the scoop & score by Emanuel. That play and eventual victory showed that we finally have arrived at the FCS level. It was also the loudest moment I have ever heard, barely topping the last second Walker to Heckendorf TD vs SHSU.
    I'll go with the UNI strip/TD as well. That was the end of UNI's dominance against us, gave us the seed we needed in the playoffs, and also demonstrated that we are very athletic on defense.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the most important play was whatever happened in the locker room about 5 seconds after the Youngstown game, especially with the defense. They gave up next to nothing after that game.

I don't remember what game, I think it was the Lehigh game...Was the behind the back pass...that was sweet.

One of my favourites was the fleaflicker in the SIU game.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1