Page 143 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2109

Thread: Bison You Tube Video Links thread

Default Re: Bison You Tube Video Links thread

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    At the 3:12 mark: "We're better than what we played today." No. No, you were not. You were dominated by a superior team. I am getting so fed up with the BS of "We didn't play as well as we could have" excuses from playoff opponents.
    Would be interesting to know what the message is in the Bison locker room after a game where they have gotten beat.

Last year against UNI it was "don't let the same team beat you twice".

Montana was probably an eye opener to how much the young defense had yet to grow if they wanted to get back to the same level of Bison defense.

USD must have been focusing on maintaining intensity and not overlooking an opponent.

I would be surprised if any of them included a message that they were a better team than they showed that day however.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Would be interesting to know what the message is in the Bison locker room after a game where they have gotten beat.

Last year against UNI it was "don't let the same team beat you twice".

Montana was probably an eye opener to how much the young defense had yet to grow if they wanted to get back to the same level of Bison defense.

USD must have been focusing on maintaining intensity and not overlooking an opponent.
    Isn't it a little bit different when it's the last game of the year?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Definitely I'm sure that makes a difference. I felt silly going all the way back though to 2010 for a Bison example

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was the "last game of the year" for everyone the Bison met in the playoff, yet the same familiar song.... even over the last 5 years.... "we just didn't play our game today....." Is there a common refrain here?

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    It was the "last game of the year" for everyone the Bison met in the playoff, yet the same familiar song.... even over the last 5 years.... "we just didn't play our game today....." Is there a common refrain here?
    My comment was in response to how the message was different in our room when we lost to Montana and USD. But if you're going to insist on taking offense at a message that is directed at the other team by their coach and isn't intended for anyone but them, I guess I shouldn't be surprised you ignored the context of my post.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My comment was in response to how the message was different in our room when we lost to Montana and USD. But if you're going to insist on taking offense at a message that is directed at the other team by their coach and isn't intended for anyone but them, I guess I shouldn't be surprised you ignored the context of my post.
    I wasn't taking offense to your message nor missed the context of your post you over officious, sanctimonious, f*#$.ing... bean counter. I was merely expanding on the idea you presented, but that obviously was too tough and out of the box concept for a simple minded green eyeshade accountant only concerned with the last penny in the lower right hand corner of a financial spread sheet to understand or accept.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I wasn't taking offense to your message nor missed the context of your post you over officious, sanctimonious, f*#$.ing... bean counter. I was merely expanding on the idea you presented, but that obviously was too tough and out of the box concept for a simple minded green eyeshade accountant only concerned with the last penny in the lower right hand corner of a financial spread sheet to understand or accept.
    I didn't think you were offended by what I said, I thought you took offense at what their coach said, like so many others around here.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot