Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL vs College Football if you had to pick one or the other...

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NFL vs College Football if you had to pick one or the other...

With the sudden absence of mid-week games and a sparse menu of Friday & Saturday games, this is a bit of a depressing time of year for me. (Gets alot worse come January!)

Just curious how many actually still watch NFL?

It's reached the point where I only watch to follow certain former college players. Life long Vikings fan, but have pretty much ran out of give a damn about it. For some reason, there just isn't anything about it that still excites me, if that makes sense?

Default Re: NFL vs College Football if you had to pick one or the other...

With modern transfer portal + NIL I’d pick NFL 10 times out of 10.

If you asked me this question 5 years ago, I would have said college.

I can’t believe I’m saying it, but at least the nfl has some regulation. CFB is the Wild West right now.

NFL easy.

CFP was awesome 10-20 years ago.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I’m still 51% CFB 49% NFL ad probably always will be just because it’s more interesting to me and NDSU FB is by far my fave of all my sports teams. Even for all the shittiness of NIL and Transfer Portal… it will still be exciting to see how that 12-team playoff will look and how all the conference realignment will shake out, and obviously I’m very interested in where NDSU ends up in 10 years.

As a lifelong Vikings fan also, they will always capture my attention and generally speaking, I will always keep an eye on what’s going on the NFL.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    With the sudden absence of mid-week games and a sparse menu of Friday & Saturday games, this is a bit of a depressing time of year for me. (Gets alot worse come January!)

Just curious how many actually still watch NFL?

It's reached the point where I only watch to follow certain former college players. Life long Vikings fan, but have pretty much ran out of give a damn about it. For some reason, there just isn't anything about it that still excites me, if that makes sense?
    I have the exact same thoughts regarding watching Bison and some other FCS players in the NFL. Otherwise the NFL is crap to me. Way too many penalties called and incessant showmanship has turned me off. For my health I quit following the Vikes closely 15 years ago. College football is in no mans land right now and the free agent semi pro structure has cut my interest in half. It really isn't college football anymore. I long for watching college football without hearing the ridiculous NIL crap and constant changes due to transfers. Used to be fun to watch teams develop players from within, not steal from others. My interest in both college football and the NFL is way down compared where I was for most of my life.

I'm pretty solid on the CFB side, but I think the difference between the two is narrowing, especially at the P5 level. Over the last few years, I've enjoyed G5 and FCS football much more, overall, than P5 football. That may be changing....

if you took the college fb sarigan ratings and broke them down by top 40, next 40 teams and put them each in a different league ---- NCAA A , NCAA B, NCCA C ......... then have playoffs in each divison with a championship game. Close the portal i would say College

Right now the NFL has closer games. I actually loved the high school games -- the hs champtionship was awesome.

I HATE BLOWOUTS and yes i hated last weekend --- no excuse a playoff game should be a blowout.

College football. While I don't like where college football is heading with "buying" recruits, realignment that makes zero sense, traditional rivalries being thrown away, etc. nothing can match the passion and experience of college football. Small towns that come to life on Saturdays.

While I watch the NFL, and root for the Bison players, would rather watch college football any day of the week!
    2021 Bisonville Masters Pool Champion

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I haven't been to an NFL game since the I was a little kid and we saw the Pats beat the Vikes at Met stadium. Zero desire to go to any unless it's a party bus.
    That being said, the atmosphere at college games is so magical. I don't think you can 'manufacture' that at the pro level.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The most recent NFL game that I watched with any interest and for more than a quarter involved the Giants defeating the unbeaten New England Patriots in the Superbowl.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.