Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sen. Judy Lee Opinion in the Forum

Default Re: Sen. Judy Lee Opinion in the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ISXBISON View Post
    Here is her response---evidently reading comprehension is not her strong suit and although it would be a pleasure and probably quite entertaining, I don't believe debating her on the merits of my email to her would accomplish anything

I do not condone bad behavior on anyone's part. It's a shame that families can't bring children to athletic events any more because of the raucus cheers. However, I haven't seen any NCAA hammers coming down for rude cheers about buffalos. Perhaps PETA??
    Senator Judy Lee
    1822 Brentwood Court
    West Fargo, ND 58078
    phone: 701-282-6512
    e-mail: jlee@nd.gov
    Good grief......what a pompous bitch.

I wonder if I will get a response from the Senator...

Hi Judy--
    I'm curious if you will be writing a similar letter to the editor with regards to the comments made by your alma maters head women's basketball coach at the recent UND booster meeting in which he called NDSU fans "racist blowhards". You could also include in your letter; remarks about the UND chant "F!@K the Bison", the t-shirts UND fans wear that depict a Native American Chief having sex with a Buffalo, Hakstol flipping the bird on national television, the UND hockey fan caught on ESPN flipping off the black Michigan player, Ben Blood's recent altercation with an opposing player during the post game handshake etc. etc. etc...
    These are just a few examples of the class shown by what you portray as an innocent institution and fan base, all the while you and others continue to tar and feather NDSU and its fans as if it is a one sided affair.
    A new letter would be the appropriate thing to do.
    Also, can you explain why the two universities are not funded equally?
    I look forward to both the new letter and your response.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxx
    well said. i just get sick and tired of this bs. kvrr today had a story on the chants. they mentioned the "sioux suck shit" chants. but of course no mention of the "F*ck the Bison chants", which came first at the game btw.

Here is her response---evidently reading comprehension is not her strong suit and although it would be a pleasure and probably quite entertaining, I don't believe debating her on the merits of my email to her would accomplish anything

I do not condone bad behavior on anyone's part. It's a shame that families can't bring children to athletic events any more because of the raucus cheers. However, I haven't seen any NCAA hammers coming down for rude cheers about buffalos. Perhaps PETA??
    Senator Judy Lee
    1822 Brentwood Court
    West Fargo, ND 58078
    phone: 701-282-6512
    e-mail: jlee@nd.gov
    we are not colorado. and buffalo is a misnomer . no wonder she is a politician. i think she is mad?

She is a UND grad and a politician, I'm not sure why you guys are even wasting your time with her. She is a lost cause that must be voted out of office.

This will all be better when Bison fan learn to say und sucks. It is kind of sad when the chants and remarks are not directed towards the Sioux tribes but rather the nickname of an institution who has people so dearly fighting to keep. So which is it? Is it a nickname or a direct representation of Native Americans? If it is a direct representation, then your entire fight to keep the nickname because it is only a nickname fails. If it is just a nickname, then there is no harm because it is using a nickname of an institution rather than the proper name.

Personally, I feel und is irrelevant. Their own head coach said in today's paper their win in Men's BB against NDSU was their greatest achievement since moving up. Look at the difference in expectations of these schools. NDSU has always been an institution that measures its success with national prominence. und has always measured its success relative to what NDSU is doing at any given time. A mid-January, meaningless game has completely made und's season a success. We all have goals.

und sucks.

Most of the non-racist Sioux fans gave up on the name when the AG and NCAA came to an agreemant. The ones left are racist and only want the name kept to show they have control over those they claim to honor. I think one trait of racism is to reign power over another person and the fear of losing that power. Self rightous pride and fear of losing power defines the remaining people who fight for the name. They are trying to deflect their own racism on Bison fans who's only crime is to cheer against their rivals in the same manner as any other team in America does. To do less is just plain un-american. That is my opinion, my observations alone...

Reading that back reminds me of that character Jonny Carson used to portray. Floyr R Turbo (I think was the name).

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    ....A mid-January, meaningless game has completely made und's season a success. We all have goals.

und sucks.
    I felt the same way when NDSU beat them last year. To an extent, I think the season is successful whenever we beat UND and SDSU.

Sioux* and Jacks suck.

*Before anyone starts jumping up and down about this, I'm referencing UND athletics, not the actual peoples. Just like any other person that says it.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1