Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sen. Judy Lee Opinion in the Forum

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Sen. Judy Lee Opinion in the Forum

Are you f@@@@@@ serious?? The Bison are to blame for the Sioux losing their presious nick name........

You can't make this shit up....

http://www.inforum.com/event/article...group/Opinion/

BE HERD is offline Junior Member New User (or just very quiet)

Default Re: Sen. Judy Lee Opinion in the Forum

I guess if your politics aren't working, this is the "other way" to get attention. VOTE JUDY NONSENSE FOR SENATE!

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In response to a poster's speculation as to the positive effects of having a big football recruiting weekend coincide with the UND hockey home stand with the Gophers, one
    of the regular posters on the Sioux Sports message board suggested that lack of student attendance at BB games combined with student chants of f#*% the Gophers at
    hockey games, probably had a negative influence on the recruiting experience. Derogatory cheering is part & parcel of college sports, it didn't originate with nor is NDSU
    it's sole domain regardless of what the whiners from SHSU and UND would have you believe. The fact is, your use of the Sioux logo made it a target for derogatory com-
    ments - none of which are aimed at the Sioux Indian Nation - but rather at the "flagship" school up north. I didn't have the pleasure of witnessing it, but wasn't there an in-stance of UND students wearing t-shirts depicting an Indian warrior fornicating a buffalo. If so, it speaks volumes as to the true nature of the esteem in which some UND
    fans hold the Sioux Nation.

This is the blame-game that came our way when we announced moving up to DI.

This comes from the same circle that got rid of President Chapman.

She is a heavy-weight in North Dakota politics. She serves her friends...and herself. That is all.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gee Judy, so you think that bison fans actually hate the sioux indian tribe? Or do you think that maybe bison fans think that the university to the north sucks? Which do you think it is?

Ya, I think the whole problem is ndsu . . . so you should probably just keep the nickname . . . cause it really not your fault at all. I'm sure the ncaa will understand that it is not your fault that you have a native american nickname, it is everyone elses faults. Even if you get kicked out of the Big Sky, have sanctions, and get boycotted by lots of schools, it doesn't really matter . . . because you are blameless, and it's all ndsu's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    I didn't have the pleasure of witnessing it, but wasn't there an in-stance of UND students wearing t-shirts depicting an Indian warrior fornicating a buffalo. If so, it speaks volumes as to the true nature of the esteem in which some UND
    fans hold the Sioux Nation.
    Yes, these shirts did exist at one time. They were worn at football and basketball games. It also led to a shirt Bison fans made of an indian performing oral sex on a Bison. Both were in pretty bad taste but all did in fact happen. und students at a frat party once all dressed up like indians as well. But don't buy into the lies, it is NDSU's fans, students, alumni, Joe Chapman, and the evil NCAA that are to blame.
    Last edited by Bison03; 01-18-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I think along with the nickname UND should adopt an official motto. "The University of North Dakota - Blaming all of our problems on NDSU since 1890"
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

ISXBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wonder if I will get a response from the Senator...

Hi Judy--
    I'm curious if you will be writing a similar letter to the editor with regards to the comments made by your alma maters head women's basketball coach at the recent UND booster meeting in which he called NDSU fans "racist blowhards". You could also include in your letter; remarks about the UND chant "F!@K the Bison", the t-shirts UND fans wear that depict a Native American Chief having sex with a Buffalo, Hakstol flipping the bird on national television, the UND hockey fan caught on ESPN flipping off the black Michigan player, Ben Blood's recent altercation with an opposing player during the post game handshake etc. etc. etc...
    These are just a few examples of the class shown by what you portray as an innocent institution and fan base, all the while you and others continue to tar and feather NDSU and its fans as if it is a one sided affair.
    A new letter would be the appropriate thing to do.
    Also, can you explain why the two universities are not funded equally?
    I look forward to both the new letter and your response.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxx

Well done...
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by ISXBISON View Post
    I wonder if I will get a response from the Senator...

Hi Judy--
    I'm curious if you will be writing a similar letter to the editor with regards to the comments made by your alma maters head women's basketball coach at the recent UND booster meeting in which he called NDSU fans "racist blowhards". You could also include in your letter; remarks about the UND chant "F!@K the Bison", the t-shirts UND fans wear that depict a Native American Chief having sex with a Buffalo, Hakstol flipping the bird on national television, the UND hockey fan caught on ESPN flipping off the black Michigan player, Ben Blood's recent altercation with an opposing player during the post game handshake etc. etc. etc...
    These are just a few examples of the class shown by what you portray as an innocent institution and fan base, all the while you and others continue to tar and feather NDSU and its fans as if it is a one sided affair.
    A new letter would be the appropriate thing to do.
    Also, can you explain why the two universities are not funded equally?
    I look forward to both the new letter and your response.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxx
    That letter would be better served if it was sent to the Forum. At least if it was published someone might read it.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved