Page 124 of 230 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2291

Thread: 2013 Recruiting Summary

Default Re: 2013 Recruiting Summary

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan7 View Post
    I would take him in a heartbeat! Good young player with good size and player from within in the state which is just a bonus. He only decommitted and switched to Northern Illinois after a coaching change at Hawaii. He went where he thought was best for him at the time and it didn't work out. Things don't always work out and people especially young kids deserve a 2nd chance. If I was the coaching staff I would welcome him with open arms.
    Don't give him money right away. We have plenty of offensive line right now no? Make him earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    The young man had visions of granduer..........then, after a year of college, reality set in. It happens. I see no reason to pass on this kid if , for instance, he's willing to walk-on, work hard, and, if he does well, to earn a scholly (as long as there weren't any off-the-field issues. My .02 cents. I agree with you on not offering a scholly; he had his chance with that.
    Exactly, make him walk on if he wants to play here.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

I would take him in a heartbeat! Good young player with good size and player from within in the state which is just a bonus. He only decommitted and switched to Northern Illinois after a coaching change at Hawaii. He went where he thought was best for him at the time and it didn't work out. Things don't always work out and people especially young kids deserve a 2nd chance. If I was the coaching staff I would welcome him with open arms.
    You kinda danced around my point. Yes everyone deserves a second chance not everyone deserves a second chance to a full ride scholarship. anyone can walk on, the valley city guy proved that.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    You kinda danced around my point. Yes everyone deserves a second chance not everyone deserves a second chance to a full ride scholarship. anyone can walk on, the valley city guy proved that.
    I would offer him a scholarship. Not sure if there is a full scholarship available for him but if you compare him to other available OL for this recruiting class he is as good as the others.

I would offer him a scholarship. Not sure if there is a full scholarship available for him but if you compare him to other available OL for this recruiting class he is as good as the others.
    Fair enough

Give the kid a break. Most kids are not sure of want they really want to do when they are coming out of high school. Let the staff make a decision.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Give the kid a break. Most kids are not sure of want they really want to do when they are coming out of high school. Let the staff make a decision.
    Yeah, I trust the current staff when it comes to recruiting.

I would give Dustin Adams a shot but I would start with a partial. He was highly thought of as the #1 recruit in the state. Many kids that grow up here want to get out of state only to come back. I did the same thing. He has great size at 6-3, 309 and transferring down a division so I think he has 3-4 years left. (he is listed as a freshman this year) I don't know if we have a major need on the oline but he's certainly talented and he's going to stick around. He's back home obviously.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Just to play devils advocate... a player in this years class will have 4 years plus a redshirt. Not sure what he would be as far as eligibility but one would assume he only has 3 years and the offensive line is very hard to learn so he may end up being a 1 or 2 year player. If he can still use a redshirt I would snag him.

The oline is pretty deep. Colville, Haag, and Johnson are only freshman. Plankers, Lechler, and Hahn are freshman. Then you have Ziemer. Pomerenke is only a sophmore. I dont think anyone can say with certainty that he is better than any of those guys but he certainly has the ability. Then you have the kid we signed from south dakota too. Size helps but then again Joe Haag and Josh Corville are smaller than their backups.

Nobody is going to replace Turner and Gimmestad next year. And you have Hinz coming back with a possible medical redshirt since he played as a frosh and missed this year.

We have championship caliber depth. Although we tend to lose a guy every year to injury. (Hank Jacobs and Jerve)

Finding playing tjme would not be easy. The d line is in great shape too although the writing is on the wall for Juckem to hang up the cleats. Were loading up on d tackles

I'm not able to post a link on my phone but backes the te prospect from Colorado is going to visit January 18th

Schlager offered by colo state
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.