Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Joe Mays

Default Re: Joe Mays

$12 million for a three year deal! Not too bad.

533 In a row

It seems like the Denver fans don't really like him a whole lot from the comments on the articles I've read on his re-signing.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    $12 million for a three year deal! Not too bad.
    The nice number is the 4 million guaranteed the first year. He is set for life.

Great news for Joe and his family. He's earned every penny. And if your reading this Joe and you want to fly a fan of yours named Mike out to Denver to watch one of your games, send me a message!
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The nice number is the 4 million guaranteed the first year. He is set for life.
    It's definitely a good start but, as is shown time and time again, it really depends on how expensive a house he buys and how much he saves. Buy a $1 million house, pay taxes, buy furniture, a couple cars and $4 million is now under $2 million. I've heard that you can spend 3% of what you have saved... but 3% of $2 million is $60,000 which will barely cover the property tax and maintenance on a $1 million house.

Now if he gets $4 million for three straight years... yeah, he should be set and anything beyond that is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It's definitely a good start but, as is shown time and time again, it really depends on how expensive a house he buys and how much he saves. Buy a $1 million house, pay taxes, buy furniture and $4 million is now around $2 million. I've heard that you can spend 3% of what you have saved... but 3% of $2 million is $60,000 which will barely cover the property tax and maintenance on a $1 million house.

Now if he gets $4 million for three straight years... yeah, he should be set if he doesn't go into some sort of lottery-winner-style financial meltdown.
    Don't forget taxes......Probably take 1/3 of that contract right off the top for taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Don't forget taxes......Probably take 1/3 of that contract right off the top for taxes.
    And his agent gets a cut.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It's definitely a good start but, as is shown time and time again, it really depends on how expensive a house he buys and how much he saves. Buy a $1 million house, pay taxes, buy furniture, a couple cars and $4 million is now under $2 million. I've heard that you can spend 3% of what you have saved... but 3% of $2 million is $60,000 which will barely cover the property tax and maintenance on a $1 million house.

Now if he gets $4 million for three straight years... yeah, he should be set and anything beyond that is a bonus.

Definitely, I should have said he has the opportunity to be set for life if he is smart with his money.

Congrats to Joe Mays. He has earned every bit of recognition he has got. I hope he continues to succeed in Denver. If Manning indeed goes there, post season success is likely.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Joe and Toya have been as financially responsible as they come during the last 4 years and now continuing to live their current lifestyle, you are correct, they are set. Joe worked his butt off the last 4 years and it paid off. We got together to eat and watch the Bison game the 1st weekend in December when Denver played at Minnesota on Sunday and I said to him, "What were the other guys doing tonight?" to which he responded "They were going to the Mall of America to shop and stuff and I didn't want to spend any money so I said no thanks.". My buddy dropped his fork out of his hand in shock. He assumed like a lot do, NFL player, a ton of money, etc. etc.. Joe understood from the get go that NFL stands for 'Not For Long' and fortunately for him and his hard work, it is really finally paying off. Congrats kid! You deserve it more than anyone I know.