Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Schedule

Default Re: Schedule

Dom just tweeted Missouri St. will play two FBS teams again this year. K-State and Louisville. http://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY
    It may become more of the norm for FCS schools to schedule two FBS schools because money problems.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After a year in which the MVFC had a bit of controversy during playoff selection time in which some feel Illinois State was hosed, I just had to shake my head when I saw Indiana State has Quincy on their schedule for next season. Patty needs to ban D2 games, seems some schools just don't get it. The NEC of all conferences has a policy and does not have any sub-DI's on their schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    After a year in which the MVFC had a bit of controversy during playoff selection time in which some feel Illinois State was hosed, I just had to shake my head when I saw Indiana State has Quincy on their schedule for next season. Patty needs to ban D2 games, seems some schools just don't get it. The NEC of all conferences has a policy and does not have any sub-DI's on their schedule.
    Agreed. It brings the strength if schedule down and hurts the chances of an at large playoff bid. Hurts attendance too. The only down side is once in a blue moon we may have multiple valley teams bidding for the last few remaining fcs teams like Wagner

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    VERY interested in Tennessee Tech or SE Missouri State on the 22nd.
    SEMO would be awesome. That would be 2, 2010 playoff teams on the schedule for non conference.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BE HERD View Post
    I remember "the voice" of UNI stating that playing (2) FBS teams will become the norm for UNI from now on unfortunately, because of the $$$$ it generates for the program. He said they need that financial backing to keep up the program. Even a better reason for NDSU to keep building team makers memberships.
    I remember reading about that as well. However, I didn't think they meant they would be playing 2 Big Ten teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    2 or 3 years ago, ISU Blue played Quincy and LOST, continuing their then worse losing streak, I believe all season. That mindset appears to have not departed Sycs mind yet.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    UNI will also be breaking in a new QB next year.
    UNI's new QB is the last of their worries. They have much bigger holes to fill. IMO, not a playoff team. 50/50 chance they have a winning record this fall.

Sept. 1 at Wisconsin
    Sept. 8 Savannah State
    Sept. 15 at Iowa
    Sept. 22 at Youngstown State
    Sept. 29 North Dakota State Family Weekend
    Oct. 6 Open
    Oct. 13 at Southern Illinois
    Oct. 20 South Dakota State Homecoming
    Oct. 27 Illinois State Hall of Fame
    Nov. 3 at Western Illinois
    Nov. 10 at South Dakota
    Nov. 17 Missouri State Senior Day

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    UNI's new QB is the last of their worries. They have much bigger holes to fill. IMO, not a playoff team. 50/50 chance they have a winning record this fall.

Sept. 1 at Wisconsin
    Sept. 8 Savannah State
    Sept. 15 at Iowa
    Sept. 22 at Youngstown State
    Sept. 29 North Dakota State Family Weekend
    Oct. 6 Open
    Oct. 13 at Southern Illinois
    Oct. 20 South Dakota State Homecoming
    Oct. 27 Illinois State Hall of Fame
    Nov. 3 at Western Illinois
    Nov. 10 at South Dakota
    Nov. 17 Missouri State Senior Day
    I disagree, they are always tough. They don't really rebuild, they reload. The one X-factor(not on purpose, but works out well haha) is how the rest of the conference is...it seems like we are on an upswing.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I wouldn't bet against UNI making the playoffs. They will be there.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    I wouldn't bet against UNI making the playoffs. They will be there.
    They also could start 1-4... I wouldn't bet against that either.