Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: At what point this season did you think a NC was a real possibility?

Default Re: At what point this season did you think a NC was a real possibility?

referring to this season after watching us beat the gophers i knew we had one of the best teams in the country. we looked like a championship team in that game

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: At what point this season did you think a NC was a real possibility?

EWU last year was my first thought and the Gopher game clinched it for me. I predicted to our tailgating group that I didn't think we'd lose a game. They gave me sh!t all year about my prediction, then they finally bought in before the YSU game and jinxed the perfect season away.

I never had a definite feeling we would win the NC, even in the weeks leading up to the NC game.

The point where I thought it was a possibility was after the shaft we got at Eastern Washington. I knew then these guys would be carrying that chip on their shoulders the whole following year.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

A real possibility, the beginning of the season. Everyone knew this was going to be a good season coming off the EWU loss, and after rattling off wins through the stretch and the playoffs looking like a sure thing it was definitely a real possibility. When was I pretty sure it was going to happen? After the GSU win. I was really worried about GSU, I thought they were going to give us a lot of problems, but in reality their offense played right into our defensive strengths. That being said, I have never been as excited, worried, sick, happy as I was at the Championship game.

Looking ahead, you have to say that a national championship is again a "real" possiblity for next year, but we all know that the games are decided on the field and not on paper.
    Naughty by nature...not cause I hate ya.

...last summer...with a qualification...I wondered a little about our QB position. I predicted an undefeated season.

I felt that if we were even 'improved at QB,' we could run the entire table. Guess I got my wish with our QB...

As for the next two years...I see us as favorites. This year's sophomore class could be legendary before their time is done at NDSU. The class after them will provide a lot of support also. I see no reason to pick another team over us in the next two years...but that's how I always view the Bison. Why pick someone over us when we have a very strong chance of winning?

PS - Depth at QB...with game experience...will be important in the coming two years.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    ...last summer...with a qualification...I wondered a little about our QB position. I predicted an undefeated season.

I felt that if we were even 'improved at QB,' we could run the entire table. Guess I got my wish with our QB...

As for the next two years...I see us as favorites. This year's sophomore class could be legendary before their time is done at NDSU. The class after them will provide a lot of support also. I see no reason to pick another team over us in the next two years...but that's how I always view the Bison. Why pick someone over us when we have a very strong chance of winning?

PS - Depth at QB...with game experience...will be important in the coming two years.
    CA some people over at CS.com were ripping you for that pick, their thread is looking pretty funny now.....

http://www.championshipsubdivision.c...hp?f=7&t=23860

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thinking there's a chance - for me, that was in Bozo last season.

Finally feeling like it was going to happen - some time around 3:15p CST on 1.7.12.

I'm a worry wart, never wanting to get let down. I never once expressed my feelings to anyone, at least out loud. Even at Tailgate Town, I kept saying to people we meet, "It's great to be here. Sammy is a great team. I hope we match up well with them." My nature, I guess.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    CA some people over at CS.com were ripping you for that pick, their thread is looking pretty funny now.....

http://www.championshipsubdivision.c...hp?f=7&t=23860
    Thanks for the link NDSUstudent! It's really funny to read. I'm smiling big-time. It was too ripe to ignore. I registered and gave them some recognition. I don't believe in smacking on other boards...so I took it pretty cool.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I knew we would be good after last year's playoff run. After the Lehigh game, I started thinking we had a real shot. I didn't buy tickets to Frisco until we beat GSU.
    It's OK to not be OK.

I never thought of us winning the N/C until after the GSU game. At which time my thinking was---if we could play this well we have a chance.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."