Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Breakout player of 2011

Default Re: Breakout player of 2011

How about the entire Defense.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ojuri was a given...even I knew he would be a stud watching him in 2009.....You gotta go with Beck...love the way that guy plays...self-made...love stories like that.

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Beck - for a freshman to burst on the scene like he did and then play like he did in the playoffs IMO he easliy is the breakout player. MVP - Wilson. If he was bigger we'd be watching him on Sundays.

beck is the breakout player of the year!
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I said to watch Beck when he signed his letter of intent. I also said he would see the field A LOT when people were questioning his starting with the #1 offense during the recent Spring game. I love the fact that he just plays the game with very little of the "look at me" crap that gets a lot of attention from some fans.

He is my pick for breakout player. He was on very few fan's radar at the beginning of the season and look where he ended up.
    You're such a homer!
    -kidding, of course.
    How proud is Andy? I remember when you first talked about Bohl making a trip up to Langdon to see Travis.
    Great story about a kid coming from a small community that has never fielded a football team.
    I might just option the movie rights.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How many people on here say "Recruiting that kid is a waste of a scholly" or "He'll never reach a worthwhile potential"? I never see it. Does anyone besides me get tired of people starting out their posts with "I told all of you this about so and so" or "Nobody believed me when I said they'd be great". Seriously people, the kid earned a spot on the Bison roster, so therefore the coaches must have seen something in him to get him here. It wasn't by accident. Some players may surprise many of us by how soon they might get a chance to play, but sometimes an injury or two allows that to happen. If someone would have come out and said at the beginning of the season that Beck would be starting instead of the JR Brandon Jemison who had been in the spot for 2 years already, I'd say they were crazy and go back to the hole you crawled out from. But if someone said, if Jemison by chance gets hurt, or has a nagging hip injury all season, don't be surprised to see Travis Beck get some serious playing time, I'd probably believe you. Maybe this is just one of those things that just rubs me the wrong way a little bit. People doing the I told you so bit, or when I get told to go watch film because I'm a mental midget and don't know my right from my left.
    Rant over.
    Last edited by 17>1; 01-12-2012 at 07:02 AM.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1