Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Tailgating News, Recipes and Ideas,,,,,,,,,,

Default Re: 2012 Tailgating News, Recipes and Ideas,,,,,,,,,,

This seams like as good a place as any.

I'll be bringing my sister, brother-in-law, niece (5) and nephew (9) to their first Bison game this Saturday. Who here has been through the new kids area? I've noticed the jumping castle things, but haven't gone through it at all. What else is over there?
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    This seams like as good a place as any.

I'll be bringing my sister, brother-in-law, niece (5) and nephew (9) to their first Bison game this Saturday. Who here has been through the new kids area? I've noticed the jumping castle things, but haven't gone through it at all. What else is over there?
    I know this isnt a huge help but there must be some pretty good stuff over there, the kids (ages 12, 12, 10, 9, 8, 8 and 5) from our group head over every week. They usually spend 45 min to an hour messing around there. At one point they mentioned a bull ride, not sure if that is a weekly thing or not.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    BTW, why did you call Answer Guy my wife? He's my bi### for sure, but wife?
    Bitch-slapper would be a better term.

Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    Bitch-slapper would be a better term.
    I'd show you another pic...but I'd hate to ruin the surprise. Go ahead and ask TOHBTC if you wish...they had a good laugh.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm looking into different generators for our setup, what do people use/recommend. We'd likely use it for crock pots/roasters, maybe some other cooking stuff. I've heard good things about Honda generators, but also that they are overly expensive in relation to comparable products.

Thanks,
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    I'm looking into different generators for our setup, what do people use/recommend. We'd likely use it for crock pots/roasters, maybe some other cooking stuff. I've heard good things about Honda generators, but also that they are overly expensive in relation to comparable products.

Thanks,
    Honda, no doubt. They run sooooo quietly.

Thanks,
    There are lots and lots of reliable generators out there, but like Hando said, it's noise reduction you often pay for. That's what the Hondas are great at. And why people are willing to cough up two grand to buy one. If you're a handy guy or have handy friends, you could consider a DIY option. Check out the pawn shops for a good looking generator at a cheap price(my uncle got one this way a few years back and it's been great for him). Then build an enclosure for it. Line the inside with noise absorbent materials that are heat safe and cut angled slits on the side that will be facing away from your tailgate for the air intake(angled like louvers, not angled like diagonal). Mount a fan or two on the inside to draw in fresh air and either battery power them or hook them up to a DC source on the generator. Cut a hole on the same side for the muffler output and place a cone on it to focus the sound away(up might work well and not cause your neighbors to want your blood). Finally, create a tray to mount the generator on that has both shock absorbent(rubber) connections between the tray and the generator as well as the same type of material to act as feet for the tray. If you get a good deal on the generator and use cheap makeshift parts like you'd find laying around or at stores like Macs, I bet you could build something almost as good as a Honda at a fraction of the price. No points for beauty unless you spring for some Bison decals or a paint job. YMMV. Just a thought from someone who has too much time on his hands and watches too much DIY TV.

If you want to take it to the next level, combine the enclosure to what this guy did by adding an old motorcycle muffler:
    http://joelsgarage.blogspot.com/2006...r-muffler.html

Thanks,
    Please please please don't go cheap on a generator. If you want to piss off everyone around you by having the loudest generator ever made, buy something cheap. If you want to be polite and not ruin everyone else's tailgate experience, spend a little money. Yamaha makes a great generator for less than a Honda and its very quiet. We have two and love them.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Please please please don't go cheap on a generator. If you want to piss off everyone around you by having the loudest generator ever made, buy something cheap. If you want to be polite and not ruin everyone else's tailgate experience, spend a little money. Yamaha makes a great generator for less than a Honda and its very quiet. We have two and love them.
    Our $350 Menards special isn't terrible. Sure, it's not a Honda, but I don't usually hear it. Our neighbors on the other hand, is super loud...and surges like a mofo, that's the worst part.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Anyone hear anything about adding reserved spots to the new lot? I'm hoping at least half of it becomes reserved.
    Win or Die Trying