Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2012 Season

Default Re: 2012 Season

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    From CAS's post:
    Winning has it challenges. Taylor said he wouldn't be surprised to see some of his coaches courted by other schools, particularly defensive coordinator Scottie Hazelton and offensive coordinator Brent Vigen. The Bison had the No. 1 scoring defense in the country and shut down what had been a high-powered Sam Houston State offense in the finale.

Seriously? I understand Hazelton being courted, but Vigen?..........no way! Actually, I think Bohl should look to hire a O-coordinator with experience that knows what he is doing.
    How's about hiring an OC from another team to come in as an assistant OC. I heard we have done that on defense, and that seems to have turned out just a little more than OK!!1
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    I don't know if our defense can be as good next season. The loss of Eaves, Pike(this could be an undervalued loss), Willson, Evans, and Boyer will not be easy to replace by any means.
    I am expecting the defense to be MUCH improved next season. I am not sure exactly what you're looking at. Good depth at LB, tremendous depth at DE, and all we need to do is fill in at FS (which by the way, we had pretty good FS play but by no means great IMO) = a defense that will produce several shutouts next fall. On paper the 2012 defense is looking vastly superior to the defense at this point last year. Go check out the roster if you don't remember some of the exceptional all-time great bison players that we lost on that defense, yet somehow found a way to replace them and improve as a team.

I can not remember a year in recent memory where we had so few question marks at this point prior to the season. Couple that with the level of play at which the defense left off in the Championship game and that spells a lot of hurt QB's next fall.

The offense, on the other hand, could struggle initially as the OL jells through the season. As BN said, who will match up against the Ben Boothby's of the world? Lund just can't get it done. He is a great player, but doesn't have the same level of physicality that Richards carried. Will our talented WR's be healthy? If those two questions are answered, the 2012 team will have a great chance at an undefeated season and a very dominant one at that. For now, I am going to sit back and watch these younger players develop because I think a few of them are really going to surprise some of you when they are called on to fill in for the graduated. Cross your fingers that Jerve can play and be healthy, he would make an immense impact on this team.

So much for not ripping on vigen after we win the title! That lasted a whole 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    From CAS's post:
    Winning has it challenges. Taylor said he wouldn't be surprised to see some of his coaches courted by other schools, particularly defensive coordinator Scottie Hazelton and offensive coordinator Brent Vigen. The Bison had the No. 1 scoring defense in the country and shut down what had been a high-powered Sam Houston State offense in the finale.

Seriously? I understand Hazelton being courted, but Vigen?..........no way! Actually, I think Bohl should look to hire a O-coordinator with experience that knows what he is doing.