Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next year

Default Next year

With us winning and bringing back a majority of players do we go in as #1? I say We do just asking for input

Default Re: Next year

Without a doubt we will go into next year as #1!

Last year EWU lost aruguably their best player and they started this year as #1, they were quickly shown as pretenders though (thanks USD).

Lost some very, very good players as well. We go in as #1 of course cause thats how it goes, but can we do as good as we did this year? I sure hope so. I want more offensive consistency.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Without a doubt...we should be #1 and SHSU should be #2. We both return a ton.

G. Southern will be up there as well. A lot of those dudes were pretty young too.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

If EWU can start #1 this year there is no doubt that the v2012 Bison would not be ranked #1 considering a lot of the pieces will still be there.

I think our biggest task in retaining that #1 through next year (and it will be difficult as everyone will be gunning to beat THE CHAMPS) will be who steps up to take the place of Richards and Corrnick on the O-line. We lose some other pieces but on the D-line I am more confident as we had some great backups on the defensive side. There will be some growing pains in replacing DJ and "The Old Car" but we appear to have a lot of young talent at these positions if they can stay healthy. I truely think that we proved this year that being the best in the trenches will take you a long ways!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Top five at best. We lose some key seniors on the o line, our best and only deep threat at reciever, and according to bisonville there will be a quarterback controversy of epic proportions. Besides who wants the number one target on your back in fcs where it gets settled on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by CivilBison96 View Post
    I think our biggest task in retaining that #1 through next year (and it will be difficult as everyone will be gunning to beat THE CHAMPS) will be who steps up to take the place of Richards and Corrnick on the O-line. We lose some other pieces but on the D-line I am more confident as we had some great backups on the defensive side. There will be some growing pains in replacing DJ and "The Old Car" but we appear to have a lot of young talent at these positions if they can stay healthy. I truely think that we proved this year that being the best in the trenches will take you a long ways!
    I agree with this completely! Although we have had some struggles with WR due to injuries. If we can reload on the O-line like we usually do, things could go well again!
    Ho! A cheer for Green and Yellow!

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

On the o-line, I would think that Jeff Jerve would be getting a close look at starting. After that I am not sure who gets the nod. WR- Vraa and Gebhart will be #2/3 behind Smith. Wahlo should be up there but has yet to develop. Would Okland be getting a look? RB Matt Jones has to be licking the chops and Sigers (hopefully back) will be a good 1/2 punch

Defense - not too concerned about guys coming back as there is a lot of good depth (Beck, Dwindidlle, Littlejohn,) etc..