Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: National Championship Score Prediction Thread

Default Re: National Championship Score Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Bison 24
    Sam Houston 13

Bison Defense vs Sam Houston Offense - To keep it simple. They are explosive because they make a lot of big plays. We run the tampa 2 that does not allow big plays. They gouge defenses with a good running attack of misdirection. We've been facing run option teams all playoffs. They are fast. yes. But our team defense is fast. They will not get big plays against us and we will force turnovers because we're not going to give up 70 yard plays.

Bison offense vs Sam Houston Defense - We are huge. Their dline is small. Just like Montana did, we will wear them out. They talk about how slow our guys are? Huh? WR - Smith, Holloway, Wahlo. Slow? Hardly. QB - Jensen. Slow? Hardly. RB - DJ/Sam. Slow? Hardly. Or TE's are big and athletic. Our lineman are huge and mobile. Expect to see plenty of screens and misdirection against a fast and overpursing defense. Having run a pretty basic offense this year gives us an advantage too. When we have 3 weeks to prepare, we can throw in some funky wrinkles.

Montana game.
    Mt - 3& out with a 20 yard punt
    Mt - Missed field goal
    Mt - Fumble
    Mt - 4th down stop at the 1
    Sprinke in big play after big play and it was a recipe for disaster
    Yet they still almost won the game.

Intangibles. Home field? Neutral. Offense that is complex? Needs reps to stay sharp. Experience? We have more playoff experience. Results after a bye? We are great. Sam Houston has limited info. Last year after a bye they got destroyed by Western Illinois. This year they beat Cental Arkansas and barely beat Stony Brook at home with 2 weeks off. Distractions? Losing their O-Coordinator and O-Line coach is a distraction. Do you want to put your trust in a guy with 1 foot out the door?

Unless we have 3 turnovers we will win.
    Well analyzed. I don't have a score but I think we beat this team by at least 2 scores just like we have every team in the playoffs. I don't think SHSU is "the best team we've played in the playoffs," but if they're not, their a player or two away... I agree that if we turn the ball over at all, it'll be alot closer than it should be.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I predict that the large crowd gathering at my house to watch the game will eat and drink well. Also, we will celebrate a Bison win by holding hands and singing "Kumbaya" by late afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Bison 24
    Sam Houston 13

Bison Defense vs Sam Houston Offense - To keep it simple. They are explosive because they make a lot of big plays. We run the tampa 2 that does not allow big plays. They gouge defenses with a good running attack of misdirection. We've been facing run option teams all playoffs. They are fast. yes. But our team defense is fast. They will not get big plays against us and we will force turnovers because we're not going to give up 70 yard plays.

Bison offense vs Sam Houston Defense - We are huge. Their dline is small. Just like Montana did, we will wear them out. They talk about how slow our guys are? Huh? WR - Smith, Holloway, Wahlo. Slow? Hardly. QB - Jensen. Slow? Hardly. RB - DJ/Sam. Slow? Hardly. Or TE's are big and athletic. Our lineman are huge and mobile. Expect to see plenty of screens and misdirection against a fast and overpursing defense. Having run a pretty basic offense this year gives us an advantage too. When we have 3 weeks to prepare, we can throw in some funky wrinkles.

Montana game.
    Mt - 3& out with a 20 yard punt
    Mt - Missed field goal
    Mt - Fumble
    Mt - 4th down stop at the 1
    Sprinke in big play after big play and it was a recipe for disaster
    Yet they still almost won the game.

Intangibles. Home field? Neutral. Offense that is complex? Needs reps to stay sharp. Experience? We have more playoff experience. Results after a bye? We are great. Sam Houston has limited info. Last year after a bye they got destroyed by Western Illinois. This year they beat Cental Arkansas and barely beat Stony Brook at home with 2 weeks off. Distractions? Losing their O-Coordinator and O-Line coach is a distraction. Do you want to put your trust in a guy with 1 foot out the door?

Unless we have 3 turnovers we will win.
    Gabe,
    Roger that! Great comments and I agree. Sam Houston has played a much softer schedule. Their fans say it's all about their speed. Bison are stonger, more physical, more depth, more balanced, better coached and will match and exceed their speed during the game. It's Tuesday 1/3/12, can't wait to get on the plane Friday morning!!!

HAIL THE BISON!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

37-13 Bison crush them! Bring on #9!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Any update on the current line for the game?

The Herd's size on the O-line will win this game. If it's close at half, we piss pound them the 2nd half. Every playoff team has underestimated our physicality and speed on defense. Our D-line has beat up opposing QB's all season long and now we have extra time to prepare. The closer to game time, the more confident I am this staff and team is on a mission to return us to where we belong.....National Champions!

Bison 30
    SHSU 16

Go Herd!!!!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    Any update on the current line for the game?
    I read yesterday somewhere that someone had the Bison favored by one. Haven't seen one since that.

defense will take control in this one! defense wins championships right? 21-7 bison! go herd

Bison 35 Kittens 7
    If God didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    I read yesterday somewhere that someone had the Bison favored by one. Haven't seen one since that.
    I read that the other day somewhere. Have my brother in Vegas placing bets for me!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]