Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fab 4 vs. Young Guns

Default Re: Fab 4 vs. Young Guns

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Not anymore, lots on here and also there will be some available gameday
    Truth of the matter is that I was in a bad car accident outside of Toronto a few days ago, and I just finished recovering from aggressive food poisoning (stomache flu) earlier today. (this is why I haven't been on BV for 3-4 days) So right now I am in no mood to take a crazy wild road trip.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    This year's team wouldn't have lost a 15-round judge's decision to Stephen F. Austin (112-111 in 3OT) like the 09 team did. They would've put them away by midway thru the 2nd half. This year's team seems to be beating just about every non-Power 6 team they play (except for the shit night at WIU). The 09 team was more capable of losing to lower RPI teams than this year's team is.
    This years team is still too inconsistent which is why they lost to WIU. This team will be better with time, but it may not have been an off night and more to do with being young an inconsistent. They are likely to have more of these games which is why they are not as good overall as the '09 team was as seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    This years team is still too inconsistent which is why they lost to WIU. This team will be better with time, but it may not have been an off night and more to do with being young an inconsistent. They are likely to have more of these games which is why they are not as good overall as the '09 team was as seniors.
    So what was the reason for the 09 team's "inconsistency" in losing to SFA and Idaho??
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

So what was the reason for the 09 team's "inconsistency" in losing to SFA and Idaho??
    Lack of experience without the spread of talent to make up for the dry spots. Last season that talent was upgraded but when your team is dominated by young guys without seasoning those dry spells are still prominent. Now that we've upgraded in talent and gotten those guys some games under their belt we're seeing the increase in composure.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

SFA was an NCAA tournament team....not exactly chopped liver.

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Lack of experience without the spread of talent to make up for the dry spots. Last season that talent was upgraded but when your team is dominated by young guys without seasoning those dry spells are still prominent. Now that we've upgraded in talent and gotten those guys some games under their belt we're seeing the increase in composure.
    Wut? I think you are referring to the wrong year

When comparing these two teams, season final results will have to be the same.

The next Bison team that wins the Summit League outright and wins the Summit League Conference Tournament can then be compared as equal-to or better. This feat takes a ton of mental toughness to go along with basketball talent.

This team does seem to have the potential to reach and perhaps surpass what those four did, but also look at all the pressure the Fab Four had... We have this group of FR and they're really good, in fact, most of them could start now (Fall '04), but we want them to have a chance to make the Dance, so we're going to RS all of them and see what happens. Every NDSU fan knew what was expected of that class and why none of them were on the court for that '04-'05 season, but for them to actually break through and accomplish what they did was awesome.

As far as athletic ability, it isn't even a contest. This year's group has more ability at every position as compared with those guys, but wasn't that the case almost every time that group touched the court? They ('04) weren't going to win many "jumping out of the gym" contests, but in physical toughness I think they would destroy this current team. Moorms and Bjorklund might be a wash, but otherwise, the fab four would have out-muscled them at every other position as they're currently built. I would presume that to get better the more time they have in the weight room, but that first year Woody, Winks, Dimer, and Moorms all added 15-20 lbs of muscle and it showed. This current roster has not had that luxury so it will take some time. I think this was very apparent the other night vs ORU, because when their big boys took it inside, physically we had absolutely no answer.

Also I have not seen where this team has had to take a last second shot or be in the position to make a small comeback at the end of the game, but who takes the shot/makes the play? From their FR year on, everyone knew it was going to be Woody and there was no debate. I would presume LA or Braun would be the one to take it now, but do they have the confidence and the confidence of their teammates? Just curious.

Also FWIW, there is no way Woody would be guarding LA - that assignment would have been passed on to Dimer which would have allowed Woody to drift around the perimeter following Hale or Felt around. My guess is Tveidt would have drawn the assignment of guarding Braun and Winks on Wright as I would say Tveidt was a slightly better on the ball defender. Either way, some fun matchups.

Whoever said 2005-06 team was better than the 2008-09 team, may actually be on to something. I always thought if Dre woulda been around in 2009, we coulda beat KU. He was such a gifted player for his size, he was always a matchup problem for every team that faced him.

Obviously its a dream world, but fun to think about and discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Going to be? This is a team! When braun is not scoring felt is when felt isn't Bjorkland is when he is not LA is it is absolutely a team! And a scary one wait till summit tourney times and getcha popcorn ready suck falls
    This is accurate. Scary good potential that isn't quite ready yet. Maybe the conference schedule will get them ready just in time for the tourney. I could see us going to the Big Dance this year.

Other good teams out there I know. But I doubt that there is a more talented team than the Bison.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.