Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fab 4 vs. Young Guns

Default Fab 4 vs. Young Guns

This was brought up on the most recent Bison Video Blog and I thought it would be an interesting conversation. The question is how would the current young lineup would do against the starting lineup with the fab 4 in '09 that went tho the dance. It may be too early to objectively compare since these guys are only freshman and sophomores but hey, why not. Here is my projected lineup matchups.

Woodside-LA
    Nelson-Felt or Hale
    Winkleman-Wright
    Mooreman-Bjorkland
    Tweidt-Braun

You could mix up the assignments a little, for example if you think Braun on Winks is a better matchup. Anyways, discuss.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Default Re: Fab 4 vs. Young Guns

With no bench, it would be a 12-15 point win for the '09 team. Too much bball skill ansd smarts in that group. This squad could be better in a year, or even by the end of this season, but not quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    This was brought up on the most recent Bison Video Blog and I thought it would be an interesting conversation. The question is how would the current young lineup would do against the starting lineup with the fab 4 in '09 that went tho the dance. It may be too early to objectively compare since these guys are only freshman and sophomores but hey, why not. Here is my projected lineup matchups.

Woodside-LA
    Nelson-Felt or Hale
    Winkleman-Wright
    Mooreman-Bjorkland
    Tweidt-Braun

You could mix up the assignments a little, for example if you think Braun on Winks is a better matchup. Anyways, discuss.

IMHO, Woodside owns LA at this point; Bjorkland as a soph>than Mooreman as a senior; Nelson wins the battle due to the size advantage over the other two; Tweidt slight advantage over Braun (can't teach experience); best match-up.......Winkleman vs. Wright. 09 Bison by 10 to 12 over 2011/12 edition. Wouldn't this be a fun one to watch !!!!
    Last edited by southcliffbison; 12-30-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Oops.......forgot Tweidt was a soph in 09

I'm not talking about bench depth. I'm just talking about straight up player vs player.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

A Nelson/Winkleman wing combination is tough to beat because of their versatility. Nelson's movement without the ball and his triple threat ability to shoot the three, hit the mid-range and drive the ball gives him the edge at the two guard. Winkleman's rebounding to go along with his ability to score in the post and shoot the three at a very high percentage gives him the edge as well at the three. Both of these guys were so much more versatile and both hit the three ball at better than a 40% clip.

LA has Woody beat on defensive side of the ball but he has about 2000 more points to get before I would put him anywhere near Woody. As a point he still has a lot to prove as a go to man.

LA scored 22 against this team....this game was actually played this summer. He was the type of longer athlete that gave Woodside trouble, Woody ATE UP shorter guards likethe Kansas guard he lit up. The big difference between this team and the Woodside years was this team has high end athletes with lenght. Their lenght would give them fits. Would they win? Maybe...but in two years when this sophomore class is seniors and we have a couple of Junior PG's leading the way....it is a different story. It is just finally fun to think we have a team that could compete, the last couple years clearly could not. Gotta win tonight...because Woody and the boys didn't lose at home to a team they should beat.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

^ The Valentine's Day masacre againt SUU, but I get what you are saying.

This team is young..............My opinion is that 09 team beats this team 2/3rds of the time! at most............this team we have is so athletic..............braun gaurding winkleman would be fun to watch........... bjorkland would beat moorman up..........of course this is all opinion........ was woodside as a senior better then LA as a freshman............scoring yes............defense no........well enough this is fantasy land..........im just gonna say that the bison could be crazy dangersous come tournament time this year!
    TRUST THE PROCESS

They could have almost pulled this match up game off tonight since Moorman, Winks and Woody were all spotted tonight @ the BSA!

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    They could have almost pulled this match up game off tonight since Moorman, Winks and Woody were all spotted tonight @ the BSA!
    along with Freddy and Josh too