Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bison Football--the 1970's

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Football--the 1970's

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    was it ktco or khco? I always thought it was khco? Love the history in this thread. Isn't there a book about the building of the program by dave klopack? Would love to get my hands on it somehow.
    ialto............
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

It was KHCO.......and it started in 1976. Sam Neis was the ringleader

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I remember sitting in the stands as an alumni at Dahcota Field for the UND game ... must be '73 ... in freezing windy temperatures on metal bench seats and UND dominating the game. I believe NDSU had -14 total yards for the game. My better memories were the '64-68 teams. I started following the Bison in '57 when it looked like the AC was where I would go after HS. Wasn't much to see between 57 and 63.
    I remember being at this game with two of my brothers, it was pouring rain, miserable. Bison starting QB was injured and Dale May came in to QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    No Cichy at UND. You might be talking about one of the Deutsch boys?

Jay Gustafson died a couple years ago.
    Two or three Cichy's played for the Bison. One was a Center, was it Mike? And Joe was a hard hitting DB, maybe LBr. I remember one of the games the Bison beat Montana in the Camelia Bowl, Joe hit a Montana ball carrier so hard you could hear the UFFF on the broadcast. Absolutely knocked the snot outta the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Two or three Cichy's played for the Bison. One was a Center, was it Mike? And Joe was a hard hitting DB, maybe LBr. I remember one of the games the Bison beat Montana in the Camelia Bowl, Joe hit a Montana ball carrier so hard you could hear the UFFF on the broadcast. Absolutely knocked the snot outta the guy.
    Nick was a DB as was Joe.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Info on Joe Cichy, mentions of Nick and Mike:
    http://www.footballfoundation.org/Pr....aspx?id=60083

Story about youngest brother Steve, who played for Notre Dame:
    http://beta.inforum.com/event/article/id/263857/
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    Was it KTCO or KHCO? I always thought it was KHCO? Love the history in this thread. Isn't there a book about the building of the program by Dave Klopack? Would love to get my hands on it somehow.
    The book is being passed around. Maybe you can get ahold of it by sending a pm to a couple of the last posters here... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ght=excellence

Looks like Gully might have it...or would know who has it.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Well I had a hard time getting the quotes to work earlier, and after about 20 tries gave up on the edit function, but this worked soooooo: I think it should have been OOOF instead of UFFF. LOL