Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SHSU's Offense

Default SHSU's Offense

OK, we know they run a TO of sorts, run the Wildcat, and their actual QB can throw the ball when needed. We also know they have two All-American offensive linemen.

I would like this thread involved discussion of their offense, including what sets they run out of, strengths and weaknesses, tendancies, and some highlight video so we can view them first hand and provide comments. By the time Frisco rolls around, I would like to know their players names and numbers by heart. Let's have at it, as I think this sort of discussions not only builds anticipation, but makes the game even more interesting because we will be a more educated fanbase.

SHSU fans are obviously welcome to chime in and add whatever they think might interest us.

Gonna start another thread on the SHSU defense (trying to get a head start on Gabe for the 2012 thread-starter of the year award.

Let's try to eliminate smack talk, and, I see know problem with cutting and pasting from other threads that may have posts already on topic.

Ya, I am gettin excited, and I reall enjoy "knowing" the opponent.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: SHSU's Offense

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The one thing that really impressed me about Sam's offense was how they manhandled the Montana State defensive line and how they made running lanes for Flanders against Montana. Flanders looked to be very fast and changes directions really well, much better than Taiwan last year. Their QB is also a good ball handler which helps them set up their misdirection plays.

NDSUs defense will have to be very disciplined and gap control will very, very important. I think they will be up to the challenge but the first quarter will be extremely important. Sam starts fast.

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In watching the montana game, Sincere seemed to come in every third down at QB. He really didn't seem to move the offense although he mamaged 49 yds. rushing for the game. But if he provided Bell a reprieve it was worth it.

They made Grizz look silly the first part of the game but then the Bearkats had several procedure penalties which i thought to be really odd given the end of the season.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    In watching the montana game, Sincere seemed to come in every third down at QB. He really didn't seem to move the offense although he mamaged 49 yds. rushing for the game. But if he provided Bell a reprieve it was worth it.

They made Grizz look silly the first part of the game but then the Bearkats had several procedure penalties which i thought to be really odd given the end of the season.
    Did anyone notice whether MT and Breske made any adjustments defensively to slow down SHSU, or was it just a matter of settling in, gettin accustomed to their speed and staying with assignments?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Did any of our opponents run a similar offense?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I'm very impressed with their offense. This could be the biggest defensive challenge of the year for the Bison. Appears they can do it all.

But...we have better athletes on defense than either of the Montana schools had. Same applies to coaching. They didn't have Hazelton.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    Great points. SHSU averages 22.4 more penalty yards than we do. That can be huge in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Great points. SHSU averages 22.4 more penalty yards than we do. That can be huge in the playoffs.
    Good point. What about offensive turnovers? Where are they at in the category?
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Good point. What about offensive turnovers? Where are they at in the category?
    They have 6 lost fumbles (22 total) and 6 interceptions.