Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SHSU's Flanders

Default Re: SHSU's Flanders

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    ah the next "nothing we've ever seen before" player. only one who held this to be true was taiwan jones last year...and he got hurt..
    ...after only 230 yards on 20 carries though.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I genuinely think this defense would have contained Jones. There seems little difference between him and Shakir Bell or Dominique Swope.
    I agree with your first statement for the most part. I've seen all 3 backs play this year, and Flanders just looks faster. I can recall one play in the second half where he broke through the LOS and was 10 yards down field before the DB even reacted to make a TD saving ankle tackle. He made everyone else look like they were in slow motion.

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU '96 View Post
    Sam can throw the ball far better than GSU, so I'm more concerned sam will be able to use Flanders for play action where GSU was unable to. Invite Heagle up strong and send someone down the seam. GSU, with limited passing ability, did in once and fumbled near the goal line. I expect sam to pound Flanders to find out if Heagle will come up strong, then find a soft spot in the zone.

Years ago the Bison would do the same thing. If the safety was making plays in the box, drag the TE or release a WR over the top to loosen things up. Now the cover 2 is en vogue its harder to hit a homerun ball on that, but you still have a soft spot in the zone and can make the safety at least think about pass.

I think we still need to take the chance. Keep bringing Heagle up strong. Contain Flanders and roll the backside safety over to prevent the home run. Make them have to beat us with the pass.
    Agree. Montana State held Flanders to under 100 yards and we know how that game ended, it will take more than stopping Flanders to beat SHSU.