Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: Gophers

Default Re: GDT: Gophers

also posters on here are not playing the whine card if la makes the 2 ft's to tie the game and ndsu wins. quit making the team look bad. jesus, its not like you lost by 30 like previous years. in a few years this team will be good, and this debate will be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    I saw Duke play at UNC-Greensboro on TV last year. Western Illinois hosted Indiana several years ago. Anyone forget that we hosted Kansas State??
    You bring up some valid pts nator, BUT don't lie and say you watched Duke play at UNC Greensboro, because A) it was the only game of Duke's all year that was only broadcast locally (RJ Network) and B) if you attended the game then you would know they played in Cameron. The only way Duke is playing @ UNC Greensboro, is if it is the host ( which it often is) of the ACC Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    You bring up some valid pts nator, BUT don't lie and say you watched Duke play at UNC Greensboro, because A) it was the only game of Duke's all year that was only broadcast locally (RJ Network) and B) if you attended the game then you would know they played in Cameron. The only way Duke is playing @ UNC Greensboro, is if it is the host ( which it often is) of the ACC Tournament.
    http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=303632430

i believe it was the first time in awhile that duke played a true away game at a mid-major

Impressive showing by the Bison IMO.

Considering how much pressure, LA is a freshman point guard, was for the whole game and how he handled it shows a lot of promise for the rest of the season. He really showed a lot of moxie and confidence. He will become a more skilled shooter and distributor this season and in future seasons.

I know the FT's were a problem last night but the fact LA went 0 for 6 from three was equally a cause for the loss. He hits two we win.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't take them. He needs to be a threat from out there to make guards get up on him in order to use his considerable dribble drive talent. When he starts getting confidence in the three ball watch out. It will make the Bison very tough to beat.

This game should be used as a measuring stick. Come March every team must be at its best. We know we need to work on free throws, and better shot selection.

Instead of getting the Goofers in Fargo, why dont we try a team like colorado or nebraska? Sounds like the goofers will not come here no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    This game should be used as a measuring stick. Come March every team must be at its best. We know we need to work on free throws, and better shot selection.

Instead of getting the Goofers in Fargo, why dont we try a team like colorado or nebraska? Sounds like the goofers will not come here no matter what.
    I think a PAC-12 team like Utah, Colorado, a B1G team like Northwestern or Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Arizona State, those could all work for 3-for-1's.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

The only sure way I can see big-6 teams coming to Fargo is if we improve to the point where we help their RPI. For those that don't know, there's a home/away modification used in RPI calculations. The last I heard, it was a .75/1.25 adjustment*. A win at home was worth .75 of a win on a neutral court, an away win was worth 1.25, a home loss was worth 1.25, and an away loss was worth .75. The adjustment was an attempt by the NCAA to get high majors out of their home courts and on the road for OOC games. Not that it worked. Historically, the RPI of NDSU and the Summit was such that high majors would take an RPI hit even with the bonus and a win. We have got to get to the point that our RPI is strong enough for the bonus to mean something to Minnesota. Maybe it will never happen, but it's about our only chance. We've got a nice run going right now in the Summit, but we're going to have to maintain that for a few years before the high majors stop considering it a fluke. And we're going to have to do it without ORU. A Summit team in the Sweet Sixteen would also help a ton(more so if that team were the Bison). In short, if we want any chance of a game in Fargo, it's up to us(the team & conference) to keep winning and establish a new reputation as a solid mid major. Until that happens, I'm not blaming Minn one little bit for not coming to Fargo.

*it might actually be .5/1.5, but don't quote me on that**
    **according to Wiki, it's .6/1.4 and only counts for the WP (RPI = .25*WP + .5*OWP + .25*OOWP)

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=303632430

i believe it was the first time in awhile that duke played a true away game at a mid-major
    Wow! I stand corrected, a favor to Dement who was a former Duke assistant....that was 2010 though and Nator was referring to the game the other night (19th I think) where they played in Cameron.

If we are talking about teams doing favors to us or having connections, I think it would be more likely that Wisconsin would come to Fargo then Minnesota.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In regards to all this talk about the Gophers coming to play us or any big 6 school coming to play us, as much as I would like to see it, until the SHAC is complete it just ain't gonna happen, nobody wants to play in the shithole that is the BSA. Talk of the Fargodome for big games, but honestly the dome's atmosphere is just not set up to be good for bball, it's a football and concert facility. We first need to schedule a decent OOC road schedule against some top teams, win a game or two against them to boost our RPI and get the remodel done and we will get some deals to get teams to Fargo.

As far as the game goes, hard fought game but just too many mistakes by a young bison team. Too many turnovers, missed free throws and foul trouble. I love LA, but he was trying to do too much at the end of the game, he wanted to be the hero and he couldn't get the shots to fall. Had he made those 3's at the end I'd be right along with everyone praising his awesomeness, but he's not the guy that should be taking those shots, we have an 50% 3PT shooter in Felt and a more veteran guy in Braun that should have the ball in there hands in those situations. Still a decent showing and this team has a lot of room for growth so to play within 4 pts against the Gophers who usually destroy us, it definitely shows we are on the right track.