Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Fargo to Frisco by Ground

Default Re: Fargo to Frisco by Ground

Just talked to my brother -- the bus is fixed, so the 30-gallon drum of oil can stay at home.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

I mentioned this earlier in this thread but thought I'd drop a reminder. Just traveled I-29 south all the way to Topeka yesterday.

Roads are all good but DON'T SPEED THROUGH SIOUX CITY OR ON HWY 75 IF YOU'RE TAKING THAT ROUTE. 2 machines taking radar and photos just into the IA side of Sioux City, one going each direction. Also passed 2 Nebraska HP who had cars pulled over in the Nebraska City area.
    Cheapest gas was at Elk Point, SD and SD side of Sioux City.....$2.93 in Elk Point. $3.04 at Nebraska City.
    Travel safely everyone.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I mentioned this earlier in this thread but thought I'd drop a reminder. Just traveled I-29 south all the way to Topeka yesterday.

Roads are all good but DON'T SPEED THROUGH SIOUX CITY OR ON HWY 75 IF YOU'RE TAKING THAT ROUTE. 2 machines taking radar and photos just into the IA side of Sioux City, one going each direction. Also passed 2 Nebraska HP who had cars pulled over in the Nebraska City area.
    Cheapest gas was at Elk Point, SD and SD side of Sioux City.....$2.93 in Elk Point. $3.04 at Nebraska City.
    Travel safely everyone.
    Sweet! Was Iowa full of road construction on I-29?

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Really no construction anywhere except for a very short section in Sioux City.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    One positive of the flooding this summer is that the road sections that were under water were resurfaced. And it seemed that in prior summers I-29 was perpetually under construction, so perhaps IA-DOT got it all done.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anyone going on the charter from Judy's? If so hit me up. Trying to figure out how much beer to bring with.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]