Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was a Breske guy.....but Montana is a good place for him....

Default I was a Breske guy.....but Montana is a good place for him....

I always backed Breske, but was dead wrong on that one. Thank god for Scotty Hazelton. Incredible what has happened to our defense!!

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: I was a Breske guy.....but Montana is a good place for him....

Ive had that dish before, a couple hours soaked in marinade makes for a tasty meal.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Our defense has been light years better since Scotty has taken over.

The one sure fire way to tell that Scotty has done an unbelievable job at SU is the fact that not one single thread has been started on bisonville complaining about his performance (at least to my knowledge). That feat, in and of itself, is a major accomplishment. If you can keep bisonville happy, you must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
    Ive had that dish before, a couple hours soaked in marinade makes for a tasty meal.
    OK.....In the marinade now!!

A bottle of this probably wouldn't hurt.

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

We'll be eating more crow when BV takes over the Patriots' offense.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I've always wondered about what went on with Breske. Talent certainly didn't seem to be an issue on the defense. Perhaps just a bad fit philisophically with what Bohl wants run, and what the players had been used to in the past. Bad fits happen all the time in coaching/business.

Breske was a 3-4 DC running a 4-3 scheme, tough to learn and run the tampa 2 since in just a couple of months. Always wondered about that hire

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Our defense has been light years better since Scotty has taken over.

The one sure fire way to tell that Scotty has done an unbelievable job at SU is the fact that not one single thread has been started on bisonville complaining about his performance (at least to my knowledge). That feat, in and of itself, is a major accomplishment. If you can keep bisonville happy, you must be doing something right.
    Absolutely. Team him with a great coach like Klieman and we take it to a level we have never seen.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm with Wyo, but have already choked down the crow.

Bisontwice is right, Breske was a 3-4 guy and had to do a 4-3 here, but he is doing the same with MT, if you all noticed the last two playoff games. I don't know what gives there. He is apparently so bitter about what happened here he no longer takes my calls or answers my emails, so the hell with him.

Let's not forget, we had a ton of injuries on defense in 2009. LBs were completely decimated because it had been poorly recruited and there weren't enough of them which is why DJ was moved to LB for one game. If you recall, we had 11 LBs, but only 6 scholarship players. Beson, Anderson, and Henry all went down. Bussey was a JUCO bust, Jemison had to play as an undersized TFr. It was awful.

We were also down to only 2 CBs. Although we had six on the roster, let's not forget that Courtney Mitchell and Derrius Colvin couldn't cover my dead grandmother much less a DI WR. Flomo was a bust, and Richard Bowman got hurt and Gatlin was new from Wap Sci.

I'm not trying to make excuses for my ex-friend Breske, I'm just saying that beside being a shiat DC he was dealt a pretty tough hand to play that year. Thank god for the quality depth at most positions this year.