Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Maker Membership

Default Re: Team Maker Membership

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    I learned about Team Makers from several ladies that said "Don't call Pat Simmers, we will sign you up "
    its just like anything else people are gunna side with what benefits them most. The thing about TM its ran by former athletes and it is set up to give them an edge. it is what it is. I do think u could reorganize a few things to better recognize the greater student body etc. but it is what it is.

TM can be better and do a better job reaching out to all Bison fans, Students and Alumni. There are a lot more people that are not TM that are TM. Spread the word to all. Even current members need to do a better job. Also members who's employers will match certain donations should look into this more. Now your $100 becomes $200, $1,000 becomes $2,000. It all adds up to the betterment of our student athletes that bring us some much joy.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Like every organization, Team Makers can improve. Like every sports board, Bisonville can improve. In both cases, its up to the individual member. Take ownership rather than taking exception. Finding a reason to bitch just isn't going to get 'er done.
    Helping to improve is a nice sentiment but people get frustrated when it ends up being a waste of their time. I have tried on two occasions to do more than walk away from problems.

1. I was going to donate by credit card. Broken. Followed up with Simmers and Josh. Half interested, never checked up with me later on. It was going to take a few days to fix so I mailed a check. I tried again a few months later and it still didn't work. I'M TRYING TO GIVE YOU MONEY.

2. NDSU Athletic Fund didn't show up on searches unless you knew the exact URL. I let Larson know, no response. I followed up months later and google still couldn't find it. Even today it says "No information is available for this page." under the search result.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMothers View Post
    Helping to improve is a nice sentiment but people get frustrated when it ends up being a waste of their time. I have tried on two occasions to do more than walk away from problems.

1. I was going to donate by credit card. Broken. Followed up with Simmers and Josh. Half interested, never checked up with me later on. It was going to take a few days to fix so I mailed a check. I tried again a few months later and it still didn't work. I'M TRYING TO GIVE YOU MONEY.

2. NDSU Athletic Fund didn't show up on searches unless you knew the exact URL. I let Larson know, no response. I followed up months later and google still couldn't find it. Even today it says "No information is available for this page." under the search result.
    I don't get the credit card issue. I've been donating for 12 years for various things and never had any issue useing my card.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    TM can be better and do a better job reaching out to all Bison fans, Students and Alumni. There are a lot more people that are not TM that are TM. Spread the word to all. Even current members need to do a better job. Also members who's employers will match certain donations should look into this more. Now your $100 becomes $200, $1,000 becomes $2,000. It all adds up to the betterment of our student athletes that bring us some much joy.
    My company does a 1:1 match. For two months my request status has been "Approved pending institution verification of donation". Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I don't get the credit card issue. I've been donating for 12 years for various things and never had any issue useing my card.
    Visa vs Mastercard vs particular bank ? Who knows and it's irrelevant! They acknowledged a problem on their end and failed to get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMothers View Post
    My company does a 1:1 match. For two months my request status has been "Approved pending institution verification of donation". Sad.
    They confirmed my donation for GE's matching gifts program. The donations to the MSU Alumni Assoc, and South High Bruin booster clubs from April and June haven't been confirmed yet.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well....Teammakers recruited me. All they had to do was make a mandatory donation as part of my season tickets....and VIOLA! Look at that revenue growth!

They do need to modernize the systems and communications strategy. I get the same information in slightly different formats from several sources and the website is poor. When I mentioned this to the Twin Cities Team Maker representative she listened carefully and took notes. It didn't sound like it was the first time she'd heard the feedback so hopefully they put some attention to it. She seems like a great person, so hopefully she can do a lot to help with outreach in the Twin Cities.

I'd also like to see them do more outreach to younger (not me, I'm old) alumni, particularly in the Twin Cities. The fb game at Target Field is a big opportunity and I'm sure they'll have big plans. I know they're in the brainstorming mode so if you have ideas, now is the time to provide them. One idea mentioned was a run or walk one morning.

Plenty TM can improve on, for sure.

AND, I still can't believe how many people are unaware. If it's so difficult, how in the world did I ever figure it out? I know TMs was discussed in the circles I ran in. To be fair, I was very involved on campus compared to the average student, but still????? Maybe if someone doesn't notice, it just means it's not the kind of thing they're interested in.

So I guess I'm agreeing with just about everyone on here. It's possible to acknowledge that TMs can and needs to improve whilst at the same time acknowledging that apparently today's students are blind and deaf or just are not interested.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lots of truth and funny stuff here, feels like it’s, 1995 or 2005 or 2010 all over again.